For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 109|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||President/CEO of LPM, Inc.|
Bumgardner's professional experience includes serving as President/CEO of LPM, Inc.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Bumgardner served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Appropriations on Transportation|
|• Insurance, Chairman|
|• Judiciary II|
|• Public Utilities|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Bumgardner served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Job Development|
|• Transportation, Vice-chair|
Bumgardner's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "Dana will work hard to pass pro-business legislation in Raleigh. He believes in order to recover lost jobs, we have to support our small businesses because they are essential to economic growth. When government allows the private sector to work, the people of Gaston County and North Carolina will be free to bring our economy back."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "Dana will oppose all tax increases and all wasteful spending. He will work to set budget priorities and fund critical state services first. Additionally, Dana will support the Taxpayer Protection Act which limits government spending to population growth plus inflation."
- Excerpt: "Dana Bumgardner will support legislation which sends tax dollars to fund the classroom and not a wasteful bureaucracy. When money is sent directly to the classroom and sidesteps administrations, it does more good for the child."
- Excerpt: "Dana is against the proposed toll road, the Garden Parkway, which will funnel money away from already needed repairs to Gaston County’s roads and bridges. He believes this money could be better spent on widening I-85, revamping the I-85, US-321 junction and widening the Dallas-Cherryville Highway."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Dana Bumgardner defeated Mickey Price in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dana Bumgardner Incumbent||66%||2,342|
Bumgardner ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 109. He defeated Wil Neumann in the July 17, 2012, Republican Primary runoff. He defeated Melba Reese in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109 General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Bumgardner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Bumgardner raised a total of $56,522 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 4, 2013.
|Dana Bumgardner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina House of Representatives, District 109||$56,522|
|Grand Total Raised||$56,522|
2012Bumgardner won election to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Bumgardner raised a total of $56,522.
|North Carolina House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dana Bumgardner's campaign in 2012|
|Bumgardner, Dana B||$8,720|
|Harrington, Michael O||$3,225|
|Cloninger, Thomas R||$3,100|
|Gammon, Gary G||$1,750|
|Total Raised in 2012||$56,522|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the North Carolina General Assembly was in session from January 9 to July 26. In 2014, the North Carolina General Assembly will be in session from May 14 through a date to be determined by the legislature.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on environment and conservation issues.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Civitas Action: 2013 Full Rankings
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues and ideals.
- Environment North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key environmental issues.
- Environment North Carolina: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Democracy North Carolina: 2013 Legislative Report Card
- Legislators are scored on their votes on 20 bills picked by the organization that they consider the worst of the session.
- N.C. Values Coalition: 2014 Pro-family Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to pro-family and Biblical values.
- North Carolina Voters for Animal Welfare: 2014 Legislative Report Cards
- Legislators are scored on their votes on bills relating to animal welfare, sponsoring animal welfare bills, completing the NCVAW survey and responsiveness to animal advocates constituents.
Bumgardner and his wife, Cynthia, have two children and one grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dana + Bumgardner + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- House Committees
- North Carolina General Assembly
- North Carolina state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the North Carolina House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dana Bumgardner on Facebook
- Dana Bumgardner on Twitter
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Official campaign website, "About Dana," accessed April 22, 2014
- bumgardnerforhouse.com - Issues
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results For 2014," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 22, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Bumgardner, Dana," accessed September 4, 2013
William A. Current, Sr. (R)
|North Carolina House - District 109
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |