|Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection|
|March 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Dannel P. Malloy (D)|
A January 2013 article in Governing named Esty as one of the top state Democratic officials to watch in 2013.
Before becoming commissioner, Esty was a professor of environmental law and policy at Yale University. He has also served as director of the Yale Center for Environmental Law and Policy and the Center for Business and the Environment. Prior to entering academia, Esty worked in a number of senior positions at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and practiced law in Washington, D.C.
- Harvard University, B.A.
- Oxford University, M.A.
- Yale University, Law degree
Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection (2011-Present)
Esty has served as Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection since 2011.
Esty was appointed as Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection by Governor Dan Malloy in February 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Esty + Connecticut + Environment"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Environmental Groups Criticize DEEP Commissioner - CBS Local
- Congressman Esty Returns $1000 in Campaign Cash After Ethics Complaint - Patch.com
- Commentary -- The Esty's: what scandal? - Meriden Record-Journal
- Questions Persist For Power Couple; Rep. Esty Returns More Campaign Funds - Hartford Courant
- Utility Pays $1 Million To Settle Clean Air Suit - Connecticut Law Tribune - Connecticut Law Tribune
- Malloy's Energy Chief Criticized For Conference Call With Investment Firm ... - Hartford Courant
- Connecticut Natural Gas Push Starts; Algonquin Backlash in Brookfield - Litchfield County Times
- State Commissioners Lead 'Bike to Work' from West Hartford - Patch.com
- Connecticut, New Jersey Settle Clean Air Lawsuit With Owners of Coal-Burning ... - Stamford Plus Magazine
- Fishing Column: Shad fishing making a comeback - The Advocate
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Connecticut Commissioner of Environmental Protection
- Connecticut Commissioner of Insurance
- Connecticut Commissioner of Agriculture
- Connecticut Commissioner of Education
- Governor of Connecticut
- Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut
- Connecticut Comptroller
- Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection
- Detailed Biography from the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Summary Biography from the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Commissioner's Page
- ↑ Global Environmental Governance Project, "Daniel Esty Appointed Commissioner of Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection," February 10, 2011
- ↑ Governing, "State Democratic Officials to Watch in 2013," January 25, 2013
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection, "Commissioner Daniel C. Esty - Detailed Biography," accessed October 2, 2012.
- ↑ Global Environmental Governance Project, "Daniel Esty Appointed Commissioner of Connecticut’s Department of Energy and Environmental Protection ," February 10, 2011
|Connecticut Commissioner of Energy and Environmental Protection
| Succeeded by|