|Kansas House of Representatives District 100|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Buhler High School (1978)|
|Bachelor's||Emporia State University (1983)|
Hawkins owns and operates his own insurance firm. He attended Emporia State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hawkins served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Financial Institutions|
Hawkins' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I will work to limit government intervention in our day to day lives and make government more efficient."
- Excerpt:"We must continue to reform our tax law to include both income tax and property tax reform."
Grow Business and Grow Jobs
- Excerpt:"As a legislator I will do everything in my power to insure that government gets out of the way of business."
- Excerpt:"We must insure that parents are in charge of their children’s education."
- Excerpt:"I will not support expanded gambling in Kansas."
Hawkins won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 100. He defeated Bridget Schneider in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated John Wallace Willoughby (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 98, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 100 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Hawkins + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rangers give starter a win for first time in June - WIS
- Wheeler, Harvey lead Mets' sweep of Braves - Hawaii News Now
- How To Be a Yankee Fan In Chicago -- 2013 Edition - Bleeding Yankee Blue (blog)
- Death notices for May 30 - Tulsa World
- An Updated Digest of RBC Weekend Film Recommendations - The Reality-Based Community
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Rep. Hawkins' website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Daniel Hawkins on LinkedIn
- Daniel Hawkins on YouTube
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "danhawkinskansas," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 13, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, 2012 Unofficial Kansas General Election Results, accessed November 27, 2012
Mario Goico (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|