|Texas State Senate District 11|
|High school||Deer Park High School|
|Years of service||4 (active) 2 (Reserve)|
|Birthday||October 19, 1962|
|Place of birth||Pattsburg, Kansas|
McCool was born in Pittsburg, Kansas, the youngest of five children.
McCool graduated from Deer Park High School in southeast Harris County, Texas. After high school, he enlisted in the U.S. Army where, while serving in the 141st Signal Bn, 1st Armor Div, received the award of Soldier of the Year. After the service, McCool returned to Pasadena, Texas where he worked in the publishing and advertising industries. He joined the Harris County Sheriff’s Office in 1990 and was honored with “Deputy of the Year” for his service to the community.
McCool joined the Clear Lake Area Republicans Club, serving as Treasurer. He also worked as an Election Clerk, GOP Precinct Delegate, GOP Senate Delegate and Sergeant at Arms for the Texas GOP Convention.
- Deer Park High School
- U.S. Army - Graphic Illustrator
- Harris County Sheriff's Academy
- San Jacinto College
- TCLEOSE Instructor
- Master Peace Officer Certification
- Certified Crime Prevention Specialist
- Treasurer, Clear Lake Area Republicans
- State Treasurer, Texas Crime Prevention Association
- 3rd Vice President, Texas Gulf Coast Crime Prevention Association
- Founder, Caucasian Law Enforcement Association
- Past Secretary, Harris County Deputies' Organization
- Past Ambassador, Deer Park Chamber of Commerce
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
|Texas State Senate District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
McCool and his wife Lisa began dating 1994 and were married in 1999. They have two children together; Jacob and Abigail. Their family resides on the southeast side of Pasadena and in the Deer Park I.S.D.