|Montana House of Representatives, District 12|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||January 27, 1957|
|Place of birth||Ronan, Montana|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Salomon served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Salomon served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Business and Labor|
Saloman completed a questionnaire by the Missoulian, in which he expressed opposition to the Affordable Healthcare Act, saying that Montana should resist implementing it. He said that increasing natural resource development "would generate a revenue stream that could be dedicated to funding education."
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Susan Evans defeated James Steele, Jr. in the Democratic primary. District 12 incumbent Dan Salomon defeated Frank Delgado in the Republican primary. Salomon defeated Evans in the general election. Incumbent Douglas Coffin (D) ran for District 49 of the Montana State Senate.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dan Salomon Incumbent||58.2%||1,842|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|James Steele, Jr.||49.6%||223|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 93 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Dan Salomon Incumbent||58.1%||977|
Salomon won re-election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 12. Salomon ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Luke Walawander (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 12, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daniel Salomon Incumbent||59.7%||2,535|
On November 2, 2010, Salomon won election to the Montana House of Representatives. Salomon defeated John Swenson in the June 8 primary by a margin of 863-517. He faced incumbent John Fleming (D) in the November 2 general election.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 12 General Election (2010)|
|Daniel Salomon (R)||1,851|
|John Fleming (D)||1,651|
Comprehensive donor information for Salomon is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Salomon raised a total of $25,754 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 8, 2013.
|Daniel Solomon's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 12||$11,531|
|2010||Montana House, District 12||$14,223|
|Grand Total Raised||$25,754|
2012Salomon won re-election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Salomon raised a total of $11,531.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Salomon's campaign in 2012|
|Lake County Republican Central Committee||$800|
|Montana Electric Cooperatives Association||$160|
|Staples, Mark C.||$160|
|Hertz, Gregory J.||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$11,531|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Salomon ran for election, he collected $14,223 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Montana House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Salomon's campaign in 2010|
|Lake County Republican Central Cmte||$400|
|Flathead County Republican Central Cmte||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$14,223|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
Salomon and his wife, Janey, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Daniel + Salomon + Montana + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Missoulian, "House District 12: Daniel Salomon, Republican," October 12, 2012. accessed October 12, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Salomon, Daniel," accessed September 8, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed March 8, 2014
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
John Fleming (D)
|Montana House of Representatives District 12
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |