|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72|
|2011 - 2013|
|Profession||Emergency medical technician|
Reilly earned his B.A. from Providence College and is currently working on on his J.D. from Roger Williams University School of Law. His professional experience includes working as a emergency medical technician.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Reilly served on these committees:
Reilly's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Dan is adamantly opposed to bridge tolls on the Sakonnet River Bridge, and was the only Representative to have voted against the initial proposal three times (on the finance committee, as a budget article, and against the final budget)."
Jobs and Economic Development
- Excerpt: "Elimination of the minimum corporate tax. This is forced upon businesses whether they make a profit or not, and is extremely anti-business."
- Excerpt: "Reform of our unemployment insurance, temporary disability insurance, and workers compensation systems."
- Excerpt: "Replacing our Enterprise Zone program with economic innovation zones, modeled off of a similar, small-scale program in Pennsylvania. This program allows for income taxes to be captured to support private development for a statutory period of time for new businesses and those relocating from out of state in those areas."
- Excerpt: "Reforming the statewide school funding formula to increase aid to Portsmouth and Middletown public schools, and rewarding both of those school districts for their efforts to rein in costs and improve the quality of instruction in these communities."
- Excerpt: "Reforming the Community College of Rhode Island system to provide for job-training in conjunction with employers."
Integrity and Transparency in Government
- Excerpt: "Dan will focus on establishing an Office of the Inspector General, based on legislation that he initially proposed during his 2011-2013 legislative term. The office will serve as an independent watchdog overseeing government spending, and will be tasked with rooting out waste, fraud, and abuse throughout government and will be completely paid for with savings found throughout government. "
- Excerpt: "Dan supports requiring the use of zero-based budgeting to justify all state spending, every year. While in the House, Dan sponsored this legislation for two years and will continue to fight for this important reform once he returns to the Assembly."
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Linda Dill Finn was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Daniel Reilly was unopposed in the Republican primary. Reilly defeated Finn in the general election.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Linda Dill Finn Incumbent||45.9%||2,640|
Reilly ran for re-election in District 72. Reilly was unopposed in the September 11 Republican primary and was defeated by Linda Dill Finn (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 72, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Linda Dill Finn||50.6%||3,597|
|Republican||Daniel Reilly Incumbent||49.2%||3,497|
|Rhode Island House District 72|
|Daniel Reilly (R)||2968|
|Amy Rice (D)||2700|
In 2010, Reilly raised a total of $4,770 in campaign funds. His top contributors were:
|Reilly, Daniel Patrick||$1,900|
|Trillo, Joseph A||$1,000|
|Harrop, Daniel S||$150|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Reilly + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Rhode Island House of Representatives District 72
- Rhode Island House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Official campaign website
- Daniel Reilly on Facebook
- Daniel Reilly on Twitter
- Primary candidate list for 2014
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Rep. Dan Reilly's website, "About Dan," accessed November 24, 2014
- Rep. Dan Reilly's campaign website, "On the Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Results: Representative in General Assembly," accessed September 26, 2014
- Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official 2014 general election results," accessed December 4, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 9, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "Official results for Rhode Island District 72 state representative Democratic primary," September 14, 2010
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 Campaign Contributions," accessed October 21, 2014
Amy Rice (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 72
| Succeeded by|
Linda Dill Finn (D)