|North Carolina State Senate District 45|
|January 26, 2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||United States Military Academy (1991)|
Soucek graduated from West Point and was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in Army Aviation, where he reached the rank of Company Commander. He then worked for Samaritan's Purse, first as a Young Life Area Director and currently as a Logistics Officer and an International Disaster Manager. He also opened his own small business.
He lives in Watauga County with his wife, Kim, and their three children, Isaac, Janie Ann, and Lucy.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Soucek served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on Education/Higher Education|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Judiciary I|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Soucek served on these committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Judiciary I|
Soucek's website talks about the following issues:
- Excerpt: "My top priority as your State Senator will be to focus on jobs and the economy."
Soucek ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated George S. Robinson in the May 8, 2012 Republican primary. He defeated Roy J. Carter (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daniel Soucek Incumbent||60.7%||50,848|
|Democratic||Roy J. Carter||39.3%||32,913|
|North Carolina State Senate District 45 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Daniel Soucek Incumbent||65.4%||17,384|
|George S. Robinson||34.6%||9,186|
|North Carolina Senate, General Election Results, District 45 (2010)|
|Daniel Soucek (R)||34,777||59.96%|
|Steve Goss (D)||23,223||40.04%|
|North Carolina State Senate Republican Primary, District 45 (2010)|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Soucek raised a total of $406,362 in campaign contributions.
His ten largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|North Carolina Republican Party||$286,877|
|Watauga County GOP||$4,500|
|Pope, James Arthur||$4,000|
|Bender, Bridget H||$4,000|
|Pope, Joyce Wilkins||$4,000|
|Rucho, Robert A||$4,000|
|Pope, Amanda Joyce||$4,000|
|Bender II, Neil Carmichael||$4,000|
Nine of North Carolina’s 45 incoming freshman state legislators signed a pledge to "oppose and vote against any and all efforts to increase taxes." The pledge was in line with each of their campaign promises to fix the state’s fiscal hole without resorting to tax hikes. At the time they signed the pledge, North Carolina was looking at a budget deficit as high as $4 billion in 2011.
Soucek signed the pledge in November 2010.
Soucek is a West Point graduate and served as a Second Lieutenant in Army Aviation during his eight years of active duty. Before his current position as Asia Regional Director for Operation Christmas Child at Samaritan’s Purse, he worked as Young Life Area Director for Watauga, Ashe and Avery counties.
Soucek also is a former soccer coach, cross country and track coach and Sunday school teacher.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Soucek + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- NC lawmakers win easily against South Carolina in charity game - Charlotte Observer
- NC Senate budget drawn by GOP target for critics - WRAL.com
- Student organization rights bill passes NC Senate - WRAL.com
- Remembering the Greatest Generation - Boone Mountain Times
- NC board: Probe sweepstakes cash - Winston-Salem Journal
- House Ed members pass bill allowing student organizations to exclude certain ... - The Progressive Pulse
- Legislative Roundup: Panel votes to change midwife laws - Winston-Salem Journal
- Cuts uncertain, NCSU prepares for worst - N.C. State University Technician Online
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Daniel Soucek's official campaign website
- Official Senate Website
- Official Project Vote Smart biography
- Official Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- ↑ Dan Soucek campaign website
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 9, 2012
- ↑ North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012" Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ General Election Results
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ "Nine Newly Minted N.C. Legislators Sign No-New-Taxes Pledge," Carolina Journal, November 15, 2010
Steve Goss (D)
|North Carolina State Senate District 45
| Succeeded by|