|Running for Montana House of Representatives, District 45|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 47|
|January 7, 2013 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Montana-Missoula|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Zolnikov served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Federal Relations, Energy, and Telecommunications|
|• Local Government|
From Zolnikov's website:
Daniel Believes In…
Supporting a parent’s right to be involved with their child’s education.
Fighting the wasted and inefficient use of our tax dollars.
Working to make Montana job friendly.
Allowing for the safe extraction of our natural resources.
Limiting the growth of state government.
Preventing tax increases.
Ensuring our constitutional rights to bear arms.
Standing up for the rights of Montanans.
Increasing access to our public lands for outdoor enthusiasts.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Stephen Hoklin was unopposed in the Democratic primary. District 47 incumbent Daniel Zolnikov was unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Tom Berry (R) is running in District 40.
Zolnikov won election in the 2012 election for Montana House of Representatives, District 47. Zolnikov ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and defeated Dale E. Rumph (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 47, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Zolnikov is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Zolnikov raised a total of $14,995 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 8, 2013.
|Daniel Zolnikov's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Montana House, District 47||$14,995|
|Grand Total Raised||$14,995|
2012Zolnikov won election to the Montana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Zolnikov raised a total of $14,995.
|Montana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Zolnikov's campaign in 2012|
|Yellowstone County Young Republicans||$400|
|Montana Young Republicans||$400|
|Wilks, Dan & Staci||$320|
|Wilks, Farris & Joann||$320|
|Schulze, Roger Sr.||$160|
|Total Raised in 2012||$14,995|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the Legislature was in session from January 7 to April 27.
- Montana Conservation Voters: 2013 State Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on "hotlisted bills that represent a portfolio of priority conservation and environmental issues."
- MEA-MFT: 2013 Legislature
- Legislators are scored on bills of importance to a state teachers' union.
- Montana Public Interest Research Group (MontPIRG): 2013 Montana Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on issues of importance to a public interest advocacy group based at the University of Montana in Missoula.
- United Property Owners of Montana: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills relating to property rights.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Zolnikov + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House Committees
- Montana Joint Committees
- Montana state legislative districts
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- LinkedIn profile
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Daniel Zolnikov for House District 47, "Other Issues," accessed October 16, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 9, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Zolnikov, Daniel," accessed September 8, 2013
- Montana Conservation Voters, "2013 State Legislative Scorecard," accessed August 30, 2014
James Knox (R)
|Montana House of Representatives District 47
| Succeeded by|
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |