For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|North Carolina State Senate District 8|
|High school||South Caldwell High School, 1983|
|Service/branch||United States Marine Corps, Chief Warrant Officer-2 - Served in Persian Gulf War|
|Date of birth||October 15, 1965|
|Place of birth||Morganton, N.C.|
|Profession||Vice President of Engineering and Environmental Sciences, N.O.T.T.T. Foundation, LLC.|
Hefner's professional experience includes working as a local delivery driver, a commodities relocation specialist (truck driver), an ordained Inter-Faith Minister and as a therapeutic foster parent with abused and troubled children. He served in the United States Marine Corps as Chief Warrant Officer-2.
Hefner's campaign website highlighted the following plans:
- Plan 1: North Carolina Re-Establishment of Manufacturing Jobs Act
- Plan 2: North Carolina Veterans Re-Employment Act
- Plan 3: Permanently OUTLAW Hydraulic Fracturing in the State of North Carolina.
- Plan 4: Initiate Legislation to reverse Amendment One
- Plan 5: North Carolina Switch Grass Project
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent Bill Rabon was unopposed in the Republican primary, while Ernie Ward defeated Danny Hefner in the Democratic primary. Rabon defeated Ward in the general election.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 8 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Bill Rabon Incumbent||57%||39,402|
|North Carolina State Senate, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2014|
Hefner ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 8. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on May 8 and was defeated by incumbent Bill Rabon (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||William Rabon Incumbent||60%||58,282|
Hefner resides in Ocean Isle Beach, N.C.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Danny + Hefner + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina State Senate
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina State Senate elections, 2014
- North Carolina State Senate District 8
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money
- Danny Hefner on Facebook
- Danny Hefner on Twitter
- Official campaign website, "Bio," accessed March 24, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Plans," accessed March 24, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina Board of Elections, "Candidate lists," accessed March 5, 2012