|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, Colorado, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||United States Military Academy, 1975|
|Master's||Saint Mary's College of California, 1986|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Profession||Regular Army Major|
was a 2014 Independent
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 1st Congressional District
Danny Stroud lost the general election on November 4, 2014.
Stroud was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 1st Congressional District of Colorado. He lost to incumbent Diana DeGette.
- See also: Colorado's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
Stroud ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 1st District. He was defeated by incumbent Diana DeGette in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 1 General Election, 2014
||Diana DeGette Incumbent
|| Martin Walsh
|| Frank Atwood
|| Danny Stroud
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State
- See also: Colorado's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
Stroud ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 1st District. He defeated Richard Murphy in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. He faced incumbent Diana DeGette (D), Frank Atwood (L), Gary Swing (G), and Thomas Henry Juniel (I) in the general election on November 6, 2012, and lost to DeGette.
|Colorado's 1st Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012
| Richard Murphy
- See also: Colorado House of Representatives elections, 2010
Stroud was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Democrat Jeanne Labuda.
| Colorado House of Representatives, District 1 General election (2010)
| Jeanne Labuda (D)
| Danny E. Stroud (R)
Breakdown of the source of Stroud's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Stroud did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Stroud's campaign committee raised a total of $18,183 and spent $18,183.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 1, 2012 - Danny Stroud Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Danny Stroud's campaign committee|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$400|
|Printing & Publishing||$215
Stroud's website listed the following issues:
- Budgets and Frugal Government Spending
- Excerpt: "We cannot continue to spend more than we can afford. Difficult choices must be made."
- Excerpt: "We must work hard to eliminate burdensome fees and taxes that we know are being used to fund programs we do not support and do not need."
- Excerpt: "We need strong state leadership to fight to preserve our freedoms here in Colorado."
- Excerpt: "We need to shrink the government and reduce the cost to support it."
- Colorado State Industries
- Excerpt: "I will work hard to restore our industries and make Colorado once again a desirable place to start and run a business."
- Excerpt: "I hold our active duty military and our veterans in the highest level of reverence and support all programs that reward their service."
- Excerpt: "We must allow families to control the education of their children and attend the school of their choice."
- Excerpt: "We must stop the despicable anti-senior trend in our government. Our Seniors deserve our support and respect."
Stroud has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "'Danny + Stroud + Colorado + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Danny Stroud News Feed
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Official Candidate List," accessed September 9, 2014
- ↑ Politico, "2012 House Race Results," accessed November 6, 2012
- ↑ The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
- ↑ Associated Press, "Unofficial election results," June 26, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Danny Stroud 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014