|Former candidate for|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|South Dakota House District 11|
Solberg worked in Regional Sales for Park Broadcasting from 1969 to 1974. He then worked as Regional Manager for Cargill Incorporated from 1974 to 1976. From 1976 to 1982, he was manager of Southern Minnesota Broadcasting. He has been the President of Drillstring Dynamics Sensor Sales and Marketing since 1983.
Prior to leaving the South Dakota House of Representatives, Solberg served on the following committees:
Solberg's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Darrell pledges to...
- Excerpt: "Work to curb the annual growth of State Government"
- Excerpt: "Provide adequate funding for all levels of education in South Dakota"
- Excerpt: "Support efforts to provide accessible and quality health care for all South Dakotans"
- Excerpt: "Promote investments in continued research & development of renewable energy resources."
- Excerpt: "Serve in a bipartisan effort for property tax relief and equality"
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Jim Larson and Darrell Solberg were unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Jim Stalzer and Mark Willadsen defeated David Landry in the Republican primary. Stalzer and Willadsen defeated Larson and Solberg in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jim Stalzer Incumbent||32.4%||4,316|
|Source: South Dakota Secretary of State|
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 11 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Jim Stalzer Incumbent||45.2%||892|
|Mark K. Willadsen||27.8%||549|
|South Dakota State House, District 11 (2010)|
|Lora Hubbel (R)||5,673||29.73%|
|Mark Willadsen (R)||5,548||29.08%|
|Jim Larson (D)||3,461||18.14%|
|Darrell Solberg (D)||4,397||23.05%|
In 2008, Solberg collected $1,425 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|21st Century Democrats PAC||$500|
|South Dakota Association of Specialty Care Providers||$200|
|South Dakota State Medical Association||$200|
|South Dakota Association of Realtors||$200|
|United Food and Commercial Workers International Union||$100|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Darrell + Solberg + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- Darrell Solberg campaign website, "Issues," accessed September 25, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- 2008 contributions to Darrell Solberg
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
Mark Willadsen (R), Lora Hubbel (R)