|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 60|
|November 4, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$188/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Austin Peay State University|
|Master's||Middle Tennessee State University|
Jernigan received a B.S. from Austin Peay State University. He later received a Master's of Criminal Justice from Middle Tennessee State University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jernigan served on the following committees:
|Tennessee Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• State Government|
Elections for 99 seats in the Tennessee House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Incumbent Darren Jernigan was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jim Gotto was unopposed in the Republican primary. Jernigan and Gotto will face off in the general election.
Jernigan won election in the 2012 election for Tennessee House of Representatives, District 60. Jernigan ran unopposed in the August 2 primary election and defeated incumbent Jim Gotto (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 60, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jim Gotto Incumbent||49.8%||12,215|
Comprehensive donor information for Jernigan is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Jernigan raised a total of $186,161 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 2, 2013.
|Darren Jernigan's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Tennessee State House, District 60||$176,871|
|2000||Tennessee State House, District 51||$9,290|
|Grand Total Raised||$186,161|
2012Jernigan won election to the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jernigan raised a total of $176,871.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Darren Jernigan's campaign in 2012|
|Tennessee Democratic Party||$17,500|
|House Democratic Caucus||$13,500|
|United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada||$12,100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$176,871|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2000Jernigan lost the election for the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2000. During that election cycle, Jernigan raised a total of $9,290.
|Tennessee House of Representatives 2000 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Darren Jernigan's campaign in 2000|
|Total Raised in 2000||$9,290|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, first year, was in session from January 8 to April 19. In 2014, the 108th Tennessee General Assembly, second year, was in session from January 14 to April 18.
- Tennessee National Federation of Independent Business: 2013-2014 Voting Record
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Tennessee Conservation Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes relating to conservation and environmental issues.
- Tennessee Voters for Animal Protection: 2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on animal protection bills.
Jernigan and his wife have four children. They currently reside in Old Hickory, Tennessee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Darren + Jernigan + Tennessee + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee State Legislature
- Tennessee House of Representatives
- Tennessee House of Representatives Committees
- Tennessee Joint Committees
- Tennessee state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012, 2000
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "2012 List of Candidates," accessed April 18, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State, "Election Results," accessed April 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Jernigan, Darren," accessed July 2, 2013
Jim Gotto (R)
|Tennessee House of Representatives District 60
| Succeeded by|
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |