|New York State Assembly District 54|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Towns' political experience includes his membership in the 75th Precinct Community Council and the Community Board #5, both in 1992. Towns' professional experience include serving as director of Community Affairs, Brooklyn's Interfaith Hospital and serving in the United States Air Force.
Towns attended Medgar Evers College and earned a B.S. from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.
Prior to leaving the New York State Assembly, he served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Towns served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Towns ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Khorshed Chowdhury (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 54 2010|
|Darryl Towns (D)||10,820|
|Khorshed Chowdhury (R)||616|
On November 4, 2008, Towns won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 54, defeating opponent Khorshed Chowdhury (R).
Towns raised $126323 for his campaign while Chowdhury raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 54 2008|
|Darryl Towns (D)||20,532|
|Khorshed Chowdhury (R)||923|
In 2008, a year in which Towns was up for re-election, he collected $126,323 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Credit Union League||$5,500|
|New York Bankers Association||$5,000|
|JP Morgan Chase & Co||$4,000|
|Al Eastmond & Sons Inc||$3,800|
He and his wife, Karen Boykin-Towns, have two children; Jasmine and Trinity.
- New York Assembly - Rep. Darryl Towns
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 54
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |