|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of California, Riverside (1966)|
|Master's||Georgetown University Law Center (1978)|
|J.D.||University of San Diego School of Law (1969)|
|Place of birth||Pittsburgh, PA|
Bateman's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Hawaii has not figured out how to create sustainable agriculture, to feed its people, supply its grocery stores and hotels and restaurants. I have a plan to do just that."
Cost Of Living
- Excerpt: "Improve transmission lines to populated areas. Look at your monthly energy bill and cut it in half for your estimated monthly savings."
- Excerpt: "Decoupling energy costs from oil costs is being implemented by HELCO for purchase of power from the PVN geothermal plant in Puna, and should help our rates to trend downward somewhat. At least the electricity portion of these costs should be converted to renewable energy sources such as solar, geothermal and wind. "
Business And Government Burdens And Expenses
- Excerpt: "We need a government that says 'yes' to our requests to do business or build a project. We seek the government's help not hindrance. We are tire of a negative government telling us 'no, you can't do that' with no good reason. We want a supportive positive government that says 'Can' rather than 'No Can.'"
- Excerpt: "I believe that with some basic structural and internal changes in the DOE, our students can become competitive academically. Education is a very personal, complex and multifaceted undertaking. We must consider the special needs of our children, individual family circumstances, the diverse cultures of our students and our economy."
Elections for the office of Hawaii House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place August 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Richard P. Creagan defeated Gene "Bucky" Leslie in the Democratic primary, while Dave Bateman was unopposed in the Republican primary. Creagan will face Bateman, Randy Ruis (N) and Jon A. Lalanne (L) in the general election.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Richard P. Creagan Incumbent||58.5%||2,074|
|Gene "Bucky" Leslie||41.5%||1,471|
Bateman ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii House of Representatives District 5. Bateman ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by District 6 incumbent Denny Coffman (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii House of Representatives, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Denny Coffman Incumbent||67.5%||5,464|
Bateman has a wife, Trudy, and two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dave + Bateman + Hawaii + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Hawaii House of Representatives
- Hawaii House of Representatives District 5
- Hawaii House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Hawaii State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Dave Bateman on Facebook
- Dave Bateman on Twitter
- Dave Bateman on LinkedIn
- bateman2014.com, "Issues," accessed October 7, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 6, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed August 25, 2014
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 General election results," accessed March 24, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Dave Bateman," accessed September 26, 2012