|Florida House of Representatives District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Murzin's professional experience includes working as a Property Manager for Baptist Healthcare and Legislative Assistant to House Majority Leader Jerry Maygarden and Representative Jeff Miller.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of Leadership Pensacola, and former President of Grace Lutheran Church, the Republican Club of Greater Pensacola and Toastmasters International.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council (Chair)
- Energy & Utilities Policy Committee
- Policy Council
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee
Murzin did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Murzin's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 7009 - "Public Transit: Provides definitions relating to commuter rail service, rail corridors, & railroad operation for purposes of rail program within DOT"
- HB 7123 - "Military Base Closures: Establishes Florida Council on Military Base and Mission Support"
- HB 7125 - "Public Records/Public Meetings/Military Bases: Creates exemption from public records requirements for specified records relating to military bases which are held by Florida Council on Military Base and Mission Support; creates exemption from public meetings requirements for council meetings at which exempt information is presented or discussed; creates exemption from public records requirements for records generated during council meetings that are closed to public; provides penalty; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statement of public necessity."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Murzin won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 2nd District, defeating Zane Bentley (NPA). Murzin received 46,479 votes in the election while Bentley received 17,383 votes. Murzin raised $132,122 for his campaign; Bentley raised $9,767.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 2|
|Dave Murzin (R)||46,479||72.8%|
|Zane Bentley (NPA)||17,383||27.2%|
Below are Murzin's top five campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$2,000|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dave + Murzin + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Dave Murzin's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Dave Murzin on Facebook
- Dave Murzin on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 17, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 17, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |