For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Florida House of Representatives District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Murzin's professional experience includes working as a Property Manager for Baptist Healthcare and Legislative Assistant to House Majority Leader Jerry Maygarden and Representative Jeff Miller.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of Leadership Pensacola, and former President of Grace Lutheran Church, the Republican Club of Greater Pensacola and Toastmasters International.
- Civil Justice & Courts Policy Committee
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council (Chair)
- Energy & Utilities Policy Committee
- Policy Council
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee
Murzin did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Murzin's sponsored legislation included:
- HB 7009 - "Public Transit: Provides definitions relating to commuter rail service, rail corridors, & railroad operation for purposes of rail program within DOT"
- HB 7123 - "Military Base Closures: Establishes Florida Council on Military Base and Mission Support"
- HB 7125 - "Public Records/Public Meetings/Military Bases: Creates exemption from public records requirements for specified records relating to military bases which are held by Florida Council on Military Base and Mission Support; creates exemption from public meetings requirements for council meetings at which exempt information is presented or discussed; creates exemption from public records requirements for records generated during council meetings that are closed to public; provides penalty; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statement of public necessity."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
On November 4, 2008, Murzin won re-election to the Florida House of Representatives from Florida's 2nd District, defeating Zane Bentley (NPA). Murzin received 46,479 votes in the election while Bentley received 17,383 votes. Murzin raised $132,122 for his campaign; Bentley raised $9,767.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 2|
|Dave Murzin (R)||46,479||72.8%|
|Zane Bentley (NPA)||17,383||27.2%|
Below are Murzin's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$2,000|
|FL Cable Telecommunications Assoc||$2,000|
|Hospital Corporation of America||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dave + Murzin + Florida + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Florida State Legislature
- Florida House of Representatives
- Florida House Committees
- Florida state legislative districts
- Dave Murzin's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Dave Murzin on Facebook
- Dave Murzin on Twitter
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed December 17, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue positions," accessed December 17, 2014
- Florida Department of Elections, "Florida House Official Election Results," November 4, 2008
- Follow the Money, "2008 Contributions," accessed December 17, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
|Florida House of Representatives District 2
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |