|U.S. House, Texas, District 36|
|High school||Clear Lake High School|
|Years of service||1984-2008|
|Profession||Principal, Norman Insurance|
Norman attended SFA and Rice Universities and earned a B.S. in Biology. He served in the Army from 1984 to 2008. He is currently the principal of Norman Insurance.
Norman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Flood Reform
- Excerpt: "BW12 was another law our members of Congress did not read or understand. From Nassau Bay in the west to Bridge city in the east, this act will destroy our coastal communities in a way that no Hurricane could. Since the passage of the act I have worked tirelessly to inform and educate lawmakers on the devastating impact of BW12, and I worked on legislation that has been filed to “fix” the Act."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Private sector, free market job creation is what will solve this country’s economic problems, and Texas is leading the way. Our state is the first in the nation in job creation, in spite of the Obama administration’s war against private business."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "America’s unwarranted over-dependence on foreign oil impacts our economy and national security dramatically."
- Defending the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I am a proud member of the National Rifle Association, Life Member of the Texas State Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, and the National Association for Gun Rights. As a lifelong gun owner and sportsmen, I enjoy teaching non-gun owners and youngsters about firearms safety and the shooting sports."
- NASA and Space Exploration
- Excerpt: "Our space program was once led the world. We are in danger of moving into second or even third place. This has dramatic implication for advances in science, technology, and national security."
- Immigration Reform and Border Security
- Excerpt: "America is a nation of immigrants, men and women who left everything behind in search of opportunity, jobs, and a better future for their children. Of course, these are the same things we all desire."
|U.S. House, Texas District 36 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
|Texas State Senate District 11 Republican Primary, 2012|
Norman and his wife, Bonnie, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dave + Norman + Texas + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Texas' 36th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Texas' 36th Congressional District
- Campaign website, "Meet Dave," accessed January 29, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed January 29, 2014
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County," accessed December 10, 2013
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |