|Pennsylvania State House District 62|
|2003 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2000|
|Master's||Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2001|
|Place of birth||Blairsville, PA|
Reed earned his B.A. and M.G.A. from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 2000 and 2001, respectively. His professional experience includes working as for the FMC corporation in the Marketing Department, as a Special Projects Coordinator for the Indiana County Chamber of Commerce from 1999 to 2000, as a self employed economic consultant from 2001 to 2002 and as an Executive Director/Downtown Director for the Blairsville Improvement Group (BIG) in 2002.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Reed did not serve on a standing committee, but chaired the Republican Policy Committee.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Reed did not serve on a standing committee, but chaired the Republican Policy Committee.
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Reed served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Environmental Resources & Energy|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Dave Reed was unopposed in the Republican primary. Reed is unchallenged in the general election.
Reed ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 62. Reed ran unchallenged in the April 24 primary and was unchallenged in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dave Reed Incumbent||100%||19,358|
Reed won re-election to District 62 in 2010. He had no primary opposition and was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 62|
|Dave Reed (R)||16,057||100.0%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62|
|Dave Reed (D/R)||24,819||100.0%|
Comprehensive donor information for Dave Reed is available dating back to 2002. Based on available campaign finance records, Dave Reed raised a total of $1,287,897 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 13, 2013.
|Dave Reed's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$364,924|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$252,512|
|2008||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$213,490|
|2006||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$134,400|
|2004||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$181,989|
|2002||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 62||$140,582|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,287,897|
2012Dave Reed won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Dave Reed raised a total of $364,924.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Reed's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$15,500|
|Pennsylvania Future Fund||$15,000|
|Forrest III, James Clifford||$15,000|
|Walker, Derek A||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$364,924|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Dave Reed won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Dave Reed raised a total of $252,512.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Reed's campaign in 2010|
|Smith, Thomas J||$20,000|
|Forrest III, James Clifford||$10,000|
|Walker, C Alan||$10,000|
|Pennsylvania State Corrections Officers Association||$6,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$252,512|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Reed has a wife, Heather, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dave + Reed + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Dave Reed's personal website
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- articles.philly.com/, "GOP picks Smith, Turzai as new Pennsylvania House leaders," accessed May 2, 2014
- State Representative Dave Reed, "Reed Continues in Leadership Position for 2013-14 Session," November 13, 2013. Retrieved April 10, 2013
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official 2008 General Election Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Reed, Dave," accessed September 13, 2013
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |