Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 25|
|High school||Yorkville High School (1980)|
|Bachelor's||Northern Illinois University (1997)|
|J.D.||John Marshall Law School (2001)|
|Service/branch||United States Coast Guard|
|Place of birth||Fox Valley, Illinois|
Richmond earned a bachelor’s degree from Northern Illinois University and J.D. from John Marshall Law School. Following his graduation from law school, Richmond served as constituent services director for the 14th Congressional District. He then started his own law firm.
Richmond currently serves as Blackberry Township Supervisor.
On his campaign website, Richmond lists his "5 Solutions to bring Jobs and Opportunity back to Illinois." They are as follows:
- 1."New jobs bring new revenue. We need to fill in revenue gaps with jobs, not new taxes."
- 2. "Create a competitive environment for businesses by implementing serious law suit reform, ethics reform, fixing workers compensation, and Medicaid fraud, to make our state competitive now and for the future."
- 3. "We need real pension reform, not pension rearrangement. We need to honor our obligation to those who are collecting pensions, while fixing the program to make it sustainable for future generations."
- 4. "Live by our state’s constitutionally mandated balanced budget system. If we only spend what we have, we will no longer increase budget deficits."
- 5 "STOP THE BORROWING! If we stop borrowing, we will stop adding to our debt, and our Children's debt."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Richmond ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 25. Richmond was defeated in the Republican primary on March 20, 2012. He faced Jim Oberweis and Richard Slocum. Incumbent Chris Lauzen is not running for re-election in District 25. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Richmond lives with his wife Julie in Batavia. They have five children.