|Ohio Auditor of State|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Mary Taylor (R)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Delaware County’s Prosecuting Attorney|
|2003 - 2010|
|Delaware County Auditor|
|1999 - 2003|
|Bachelor's||The Ohio State University|
|J.D.||Capital University Law School (1991)|
Yost began his career as a journalist with the Columbus Citizen-Journal. He went on to serve in senior positions with the administrations of Columbus Mayor Buck Rinehart and Ohio Governor George Voinovich.
After earning his law degree in 1991, Yost became an attorney in private practice. In 1999, he was appointed as Delaware County Auditor and elected to the position in 2000. Yost became Prosecuting Attorney for Delaware County in 2003, serving in the position until 2010.
- B.A. in journalism, The Ohio State University
- J.D., Capital University Law School
Ohio Auditor of State (2011-present)
Yost has served as Ohio Auditor of State since January 2011. He will be up for re-election in November 2014.
Delaware County Auditor (1999-2003)
Yost served as Auditor of Delaware County from 1999 to 2003.
Yost is eligible to run for re-election as Ohio Auditor of State in 2014. He has not yet made his intentions in the race known.
|Ohio Auditor of State, 2010|
|Libertarian||L. Michael Howard||4.9%||182,534|
|Election Results Via: Ohio Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Yost is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Yost raised a total of $1,795,820 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
|Dave Yost's Campaign Contribution History|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,795,820|
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of David A Yost's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|David A Yost's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$2,720,305 (Dem)|
|Top 5 contributors||Ohio Republican Party||$409,590|
|Richard J Chernesky||$15,000|
|Ohios Future PAC||$13,896|
|Voinovich for Senate||$11,396|
|William L Lager||$11,395|
Yost and his wife, Darlene, live in Delaware County. They have three children and one grandchild.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dave + Yost + Ohio + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Development agencies, chambers ask Ohio Legislature to clarify laws on ... - Plain Dealer
- What JobsOhio does with public money ought to be open to the scrutiny of the ... - Plain Dealer
- Hard-charging ways bring Mike DeWine leadership praise, criticism as ... - Plain Dealer
- Yost warns local government officials over what's said about finances - Columbus Dispatch
- County joins call for audit of Sunshine - Warren Tribune Chronicle
- Massillon mayor asks state auditor to review city's finances - Massillon Independent
- Ohio House passes legislation to provide affordable audits for local entities - Fayette Advocate
- Yost questioning auditor about online fee - Columbus Dispatch (blog)
- Midland no longer in 'fiscal emergency' - Wilmington News Journal, OH
- Search warrants issued in Columbus schools probe - Zanesville Times Recorder
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Mary Taylor (R)
|Ohio Auditor of State
| Succeeded by|