David Alex Levitt
|David Alex Levitt|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. Senate, California|
|Master's||Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1981|
|Birthday||May 7, 1957|
|Place of birth||New York, NY|
Levitt's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Our country's severe jobs crisis continues. In employment statistics, this is masked by the fact that so many Americans have given up looking for work and have stopped filing for unemployment. But struggling un- and under-employed American families aren't fooled."
- Excerpt: "Education and innovation have been key to our country's competitive edge. Nowadays we have been habitually, dangerously neglecting education -- under-funding and cutting schools budgets, teachers, their salaries and benefits, and pretending that charter schools or vouchers will solve the problem."
- Medicare for All
- Excerpt: "Poll after poll shows Americans want Single Payer health care, also known as Medicare for All. Doctors strongly prefer it too. Single Payer provides care for every American keeps costs down by having a large pool of individuals, It's essentially what the 35 countries that have better health care than the US are doing right."
- Excerpt: "I support reproductive and family planning rights for every American. It's almost funny when a congress that 48% of us say we consider corrupt and only 5% thinks does even an OK job, claims it should be in charge of our moral lives and toughest personal decisions."
- Out of Afghanistan
- Excerpt: "Leaving Afghanistan in 2013 can save thousand of lives, millions of needless injuries, and trillions of dollars."
Levitt and his wife, Gail, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David Alex + Levitt + California + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |