|Kentucky Public Service Commission|
|June 3, 2008 - Present|
|June 30, 2015|
|Years in position||6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||June 2, 2008|
|Appointed by||Gov. Steve Beshear|
|Bachelor's||Murray State University|
|J.D.||University of Louisville|
An attorney by trade, Armstrong began his career in government as Commonwealth’s Attorney for the 30th Judicial District from 1976 to 1983. From 1983 to 1988 he served as Kentucky Attorney General. He went on to be Jefferson County Judge-Executive from 1989 to 1999, and mayor of Louisville from 1999 to 2003. Armstrong was serving as counsel to the law firm Greenebaum Doll & McDonald in Louisville when he was named to the KPSC in 2008.
- Attended, Hanover College
- Bachelor of Science, history, Murray State University
- JD, University of Louisville
Kentucky Public Service Commission (2008-present)
Mayor of Louisville (1999-2003)
Armstrong was appointed to the Kentucky Public Service Commission by Gov. Steve Beshear on June 2, 2008 to a term that expired July 1, 2011. Armstrong filled the unexpired term of Caroline Clark who resigned.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Armstrong + Kentucky "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kentucky Public Service Commission, "David L. Armstrong," accessed March 22, 2013
- Office of the Governor of Kentucky, " Governor Beshear Appoints David L. Armstrong as Chair of Kentucky Public Service Commission," June 2, 2008
- Bellarmine University, "Former Louisville Mayor David Armstrong to Speak at December Commencement," December 3, 2012
|Kentucky Public Service Commission
| Succeeded by|
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |