|Montana State Senate, District 2|
|Profession||Small business owner/chimney sweep|
Fern, a chimney sweep by trade, is the owner of Chimney Solutions. Prior to his senate run, he was elected to six terms on the Whitefish School Board, for which he served as chairman for five years.
On his website, Fern summed up an economy-centered platform as follows:
- Make sure Montana's tax system stays competitive, and doesn’t keep small businesses from creating jobs.
- Support Montana's education system, including technical training and job retraining. A well-educated workforce is vital to bring businesses to Montana.
- Help Montana-made small businesses access capital so they can invest and create jobs.
- Assist local economic development agencies in promoting Montana as a destination for businesses.
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Fern ran in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 2. Fern ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Dee L. Brown (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
Fern and his wife of three decades, Heather, have three grown children. They reside in Whitefish.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Fern + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Friends of Dave Fern, "About Dave," accessed October 9, 2012
- (timed out) Friends of Dave Fern, "Dave On the Issues," accessed October 9, 2012
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2012 Legislative Primary Election Canvass," accessed February 13, 2014