David Smith (Arizona)
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||Four consecutive terms|
|Arizona House of Representatives District 7|
|January 10, 2011-2013|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Smith served on these committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Arizona House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Military Affairs and Public Safety Committee, Arizona House of Representatives
Elections for the office of Arizona House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on August 26, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 28, 2014. Incumbents John Allen and Heather Carter will face David Burnell Smith in the Republican primary.
Smith ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 15. He was defeated by John Allen and incumbent Heather Carter in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 15 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Heather Carter Incumbent||39.6%||13,196|
|David Smith Incumbent||22.2%||7,397|
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 7 General Election (2010)|
|Heather Carter (R)||37,254|
|David Smith (R)||34,007|
|Don Chilton (D)||18,897|
|Peter Royers (D)||16,560|
|Jim Iannuzo (L)||4,395|
In 2010, Smith raised $43,823 in contributions.
He contributed the most money to his campaign, $34,557.
The Goldwater Institute releases its "Legislative Report Card" annually for all Arizona legislators. This report card tracks how legislators voted on key votes and assigns them a letter grade based on how closely their votes agree with the Institute's positions. The primary values emphasized in the ratings are whether votes expand or restrict liberty.
Smith received a score of 69 out of 100 in the 2012 report card for a grade of B+ according to the Goldwater Institute’s grading scale. This score was 1 lower than his score on the 2011 report card. Smith’s 70 in 2012 was tied for the 7th highest grade among all 60 Arizona State Representatives.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Smith + Arizona + House" David Smith News Feed
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Facebook page
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Additional Arizona Elected Officials," February 2, 2012
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election," May 27, 2014
- Arizona Secretary of State - Primary candidate list, accessed December 11, 2013
- Primary results, accessed December 11, 2013
- General election results, accessed December 11, 2013
- 2010 contributions, accessed December 11, 2013
- Goldwater Institute, "2012 Legislative Report Card for Arizona's 50th Legislature, First Regular Session," August 15, 2012
|Arizona House, District 7
| Succeeded by|