|U.S. House, Texas, District 15|
|Bachelor's||University of Texas-Pan American|
|Place of birth||Rio Grande Valley, TX|
Cantu's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Innovations create new industry. Wind power and solar power are two relatively new ideas that are starting to create new jobs in South Texas. Wind farms are gaining popularity in South Texas and are creating good, high paying jobs."
- Border Security
- Excerpt: "Border Security is quickly becoming a major issue that will affect us all. I understand how important it is to support our local law enforcement officials as well as all the state and federal forces that help protect our communities along the Rio Grande. We must support these agencies by having direct and open communication."
- Social Security
- Excerpt: "Republicans want to "privatize" Social Security, Democrats want to prevent that from happening, but no one offers possible soultions to try to extend the liquidity and viability of Social Security."
- Excerpt: "Healthcare is also very important to any community. Due to good science and better understanding of the importance of a healthy living, Americans are living longer. However, we are made aware of the problems that affect us all, the rising cost of healthcare."
- Veterans Affairs
- Excerpt: "American democracy, freedom, and the identity we share today are due, in large part, to our Veterans of the United States armed forces."
|U.S. House, Texas District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Rubén Hinojosa Incumbent||71.2%||29,397|
|Ruben Ramon Ramirez||4.9%||2,012|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |