Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas State Senate, District 17|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Courtney ran unsuccessfully for the same seat in 2012.
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 15 of the 31 seats in the Texas State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Rita Lucido was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Joan Huffman defeated Derek Anthony in the Republican primary. George Hardy is running as a Libertarian candidate, and David Courtney is running as a Green Party candidate. Phil Kurtz filed but did not advance past the Libertarian convention.
- See also: Texas State Senate elections, 2012
Courtney ran in the 2012 election for Texas State Senate, District 17. Courtney ran unopposed in the May 29 primary election and was defeated by incumbent Joan Huffman (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Texas State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Joan Huffman Incumbent||77.7%||185,429|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Courtney + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas State Senate
- Texas State Senate elections, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Office of the Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Senate Candidates List," accessed July 26, 2014
- Texas Tribune, "Election Brackets," accessed May 5, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012