For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 13|
|1990 - January 3, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1981|
|J.D.||Marquette University, 1984|
|Date of birth||02/01/1960|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, WI|
He served as a member of the Milwaukee School Board from 1983-1990, and was President from 1987-1990. Cullen is a member of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, Forward Wisconsin Incorporated, Sherman Park Community Association, and the Statewide Preschool-Grade 5 Advisory Council.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Cullen served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Cullen served on these committees:
- Insurance Committee (Chair)
- Education Reform Committee
- Colleges and Universities Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee
- Public Safety Committee
- Tax Exemptions Committee, Wisconsin State Legislature (Vice Chair)
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
Cullen was re-elected to Wisconsin State Assembly District 13. Cullen defeated Independent Lisa Becker in the general election on November 2, 2010. He was unopposed in the September 14, 2010, primary election.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 13 General Election (2010)|
|David Cullen (D)||14,364|
|Lisa Becker (I)||4,409|
| Wisconsin State Assembly, District 13
Democratic primary (2010)
|David Cullen (D)||2,836||99.58%|
On November 4, 2008, Cullen won re-election to Assembly District 13, receiving 98.42% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 13|
|David Cullen (D)||21,963|
Legislation sponsored in 2009:
- AB-16 Hearing aids or cochlear implants for children under 18: health insurance policies and plans required to cover; exceptions and Badger Care Plus provisions
- AB-179 Medical malpractice: notice requirement and liability limits revised re civil actions against local governments, political corporations, volunteer fire companies, and their officers, agents, or employees, and state officers
- AB-186 Salvinorin A (from the plant Salvia divinorum): manufacture, distribution, or delivery intended for human consumption prohibited; fine and exception provisions
- AB-188 Language immersion schools for grades K-8: DPI to award grants to school districts that offer
- SB-127 Medical malpractice: notice requirement and liability limits revised re civil actions against local governments, political corporations, volunteer fire companies, and their officers, agents, or employees, and state officers
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
In 2010, Cullen received $22,937 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Cullen's campaign in 2010|
|Wisconsin Insurance Alliance||$500|
|Wisconsin Education Association Council||$500|
|Lawyers Active In Wisconsin||$500|
|Northwestern Mutual Life||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$22,937|
In the 2008 election, Cullen raised a total of $18,500.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Wisconsin Medical Society||$500|
|Wisconsin Laborers District Council||$500|
|Wisconsin Insurance Alliance||$500|
|Eight other donors, each donating $500||$500|
In the 2006 election, Cullen raised a total of $29,322.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Assembly Democratic Campaign CMTE of Wisconsin||$1,300|
|Wisconsin Federation of Nurses & Health Professionals||$500|
|Five other donors, each donating $500||$500|
In the 2004 election, Cullen raised a total of $48,004.
His five largest contributors in 2004 were:
|Assembly Democratic Campaign CMTE of Wisconsin||$3,606|
|Walsh, Kenneth M||$500|
|Eleven other donors, each donating $500||$500|
In the 2002 election, Cullen raised a total of $10,145.
His five largest contributors in 2002 were:
|La Fave, John||$300|
- Representative Cullen's website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative David Cullen
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Freedom Speaks
- UW-Madison Library Digital Archive, "1990-1991 Wisconsin Blue Book"(See Page 31)
- UW-Madison Digital Library Archives, "1993-1994 Wisconsin Blue Book"(See Page 31)
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Cullen
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions," accessed November 20, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed December 31, 2014
- Follow the Money - 2004 Campaign contributions
- Follow the Money - 2002 Campaign contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 14
| Succeeded by|
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 13
| Succeeded by|
Rob Hutton (R)
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |