David D. McCluskey
|David D. McCluskey|
|Connecticut House of Representatives District 20|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
McCluskey works as Education Coordinator for the Connecticut State Employees Association. He has been a Staff Representative for University Health Professionals from 1997-2001, Director of Public and Political Affairs of the Connecticut State Police Union from 1989-1997, and District Office Manager of New York State Senator Martin Connor from 1986-1988.
McCluskey is a member of the Capitol Community College Foundation, Cornell Club of Greater Hartford, Cornell University Alumni Ambassador Network, and Vice President of the Greater Hartford Labor Council.
Prior to leaving the house, McCluskey served on the following committees:
McCluskey ran for re-election to the 20th District seat in 2010. McCluskey defeated Connecticut for Lieberman candidate John P. Kilian and PEC candidate Ellen Brassil in the November 2 general election.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 20 General Election (2010)|
|David D. McCluskey (D)||5,392|
|Ellen Brassil (PEC)||528|
|John P. Kilian (CFL)||507|
On November 4, 2008, McCulskey won re-election to the Connecticut House of Representatives from Connecticut's 20th District, defeating Chad Thompson (R) and John Mertens (Connecticut for Lieberman). McCluskey received 7,278 votes in the election while Thompson received 2,370 votes, and Mertens received 184 votes. McCluskey raised $30,540 for his campaign.
|Connecticut House of Representatives, District 20|
|David McCluskey (D)||7,278|
|Chad Thompson (R)||2,370|
|John Mertens (CFL)||184|
Listed below is the largest contributor to David D. McCluskey's 2008 campaign.
- Connecticut House Democrats - Representative David D. McCluskey
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- CT Post, "Special elections mean more expenses, more rhetoric," January 9, 2011
- West Hartford Patch, "Feb. 18 the Deadline to Register to Vote in Special Election," January 20, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McCluskey
- Connecticut Secretary of State, "CT House official election results for 2008," November 5, 2008
- District 20 Connecticut House candidate funds, 2008
|Connecticut State House District 20
| Succeeded by|
Joe Verrengia (D)
State of Connecticut
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of the State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Utility Control |