|Minnesota House of Representatives District 3A|
|2002 - present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 5, 2002|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Birthday||July 7, 1955|
- This page is for the Minnesota legislator. For the Vermont state senate candidate, see David Dill (Vermont).
David Dill (b. July 7, 1955) is a Democratic-Farmer-Labor member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, representing District 3A since 2013. He previously represented District 6A from 2005 to 2013.
Dill has worked as an aircraft and powerplant mechanic, Administrator for the city of Orr, a commercial pilot, and a consultant.
He is married and has one child.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dill served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture Policy|
|• Environment and Natural Resources Policy, Chair|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Finance|
|• Government Operations|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dill served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Policy and Finance|
|• Jobs and Economic Development Finance|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Dill served on these committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Environment Policy and Oversight|
|• Rules and Legislative Administration|
Dill won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 3A. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 7 and defeated Jim Tuomala (R) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 3A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Dill Incumbent||67%||14,671|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 6A (2010)|
|David Dill (DFL)||12,089||65.88%|
|Jim Tuomala (R)||6,215||33.86%|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 6A (2008)|
|David Dill (DFL)||15,932||71.47%|
|Marty Breaker (R)||6,213||27.87%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dill received $24,058 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below.
|Minnesota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Dill's campaign in 2010|
|Bois Forte Reservation Tribal Council||$500|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 589||$500|
|Minnesota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Dorsey & Whitney||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$24,058|
Dill raised $37,538 for his campaign.
Listed below is the largest contributor to David Dill's 2008 campaign.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Dill + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Failed Minnesota clean-coal project gets help with its debts - Minneapolis Star Tribune
- LSSD gets modest hike in state education budget - Lake County News Chronicle
- Dill dedicated to his district - Hibbing Daily Tribune
- IT'S CRUNCHTIME AT THE CAPITOL - Hibbing Daily Tribune
- Area cities to see LGA boost - Tower Timberjay News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- MN House of Representatives - Rep. David Dill
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Dill
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," Accessed June 18, 2012
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State – 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State - 2008 General Election Results
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 Follow the Money's report on David's 2008 campaign contributions
Tom Anzelc (DFL)
|Minnesota State House District 3A
| Succeeded by|
|Minnesota State House District 6A
| Succeeded by|
Carly Melin (DFL)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |