David Earl Williams, III
|David Earl Williams, III|
|U.S. House, Illinois, District 9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||March 18, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Nicholas Senn High School|
|Associate's||Lethbridge College, General Studies|
|Service/branch||U.S Navy, U.S.S Cowpens (CG-63)|
|Years of service||4 (2002-2006)|
|Birthday||January 8, 1984|
|Place of birth||Evanston, Illinois|
Williams' campaign website lists the following issues:
- Civil Liberties
- Excerpt: "Mr. Williams is opposed to federal legislation that infringes on the privacy of the American people such as the Patriot Act, NDAA (National Defense Authorization Act) & NSA warrantless spying. He is also against any attempt by government or corporate entities to curtail freedom of speech on the Internet."
- Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "Although foreign aid is given in good intentions, taxpayers nationwide end up funding wealthy bureaucrats or an overseas terrorist organization. We aid countries that are hostile towards the U.S., who use this money against us."
- Excerpt: "Mr. Williams is against illegal immigration and feels that the number one priority is to secure the U.S. borders with U.S. Military presences. However, he does believe in giving immigrants who contribute through their labor a path to legalization by means of a work visa program and being able to maintain financial stability before bringing their family into the U.S, acquiring higher education through the means of a study visa, or voluntary U.S Military service. The illegal’s who do not contribute will be cut off from welfare and deported. Illegal immigration is costing the government billions of dollars, so by maintaining a reasonable immigration policy, we can both improve our economy while decreasing debt."
- Excerpt: "Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as ObamaCare has had, and will have only negative effects on the American working class with increased insurance premiums & raised payroll taxes, complicated the health care system for hospitals, infringed on personal rights of healthcare choice by mandating health insurance for everyone, forces workers to work part-time hours and massive layoffs. As an alternative to Obamacare, the implementation of CARE clinics for the poor can handle their medical needs, and allowing across the insurance across state lines for those who can afford it. Thus driving down the cost of care, giving the consumer free rein of choice."
- Excerpt: "It is no secret that the quality of American education has decreased exponentially over the years. The main culprit happens to be the Department of Education. In order for the education of our children to improve, we need to take out government meddling, and instead focus on giving control back to the local level, therefore increasing the influence of parents and teachers on education."
Williams ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Illinois' 9th District. He was defeated by Susanne Atanus in the Republican primary by 1,427 votes on March 18, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, Illinois District 9 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Earl Williams III||47.6%||13,975|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Williams's reports.
|David Earl Williams (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0.00||$1,500.89||$(1,500.89)||$0.00|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$0.00||$977.62||$(977.62)||$0.00|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$0||$1,465||$(1,465)||$0|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Earl + Williams + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Email submission to Ballotpedia by campaign, January 13, 2013
- Illinois Election Division, "David Earl Williams, III," accessed December 2, 2013
- Associated Press, "Primary Election 2014," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, Issues
- Federal Election Commission, "David Earl Williams 2014 Summary reports," accessed April 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly" accessed July 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission," October Quarterly," accessed November 6, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Year End Report," accessed February 26, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |