|Texas House of Representatives District 69|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Farabee is Vice President/Partner of the Boley-Featherston Insurance Agency.
He is a member and Sunday School Teacher at the First United Methodist Church, and member of the Texoma Association of Health Underwriters.
Farabee did not seek re-election in 2010.
On his website Farabee states that he will continue to fight for:
- Fiscally conservative state budgeting
- Quality public education for all of our students
- Real Relief for taxpayers
- More accessible health care
- The protection and conservation of North Texas water
- Fair and affordable insurance for Texas policy holders
- Economic development that provides jobs and helps our local businesses
- HB 868 - Relating to health benefit plan coverage for certain mental disorders.
- HB 1230 - Relating to limitations on the compensation of county auditors for certain counties.
- HB 1643 - Relating to net metering for retail electric service customers and compensation for excess electricity generated by certain renewable energy technology generators.
- HB 2850 - Relating to goals for renewable energy capacity derived from renewable energy sources other than sources using wind energy.
On November 4, 2008, Farabee won re-election to the Texas House of Representatives from Texas's 69th District, defeating Richard Brown (L). Farabee received 31,925 votes in the election while Brown received 5,114 votes. Farabee raised $118,190 for his campaign.
|Texas House of Representatives, District 69|
|David Farabee (D)||31,925||86.19%|
|Richard Brown (L)||5,114||13.80%|
Below are Farabee's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Border Health PAC||$5,000|
|Independent Insurance Agents of Texas||$4,250|
|Texas Electric Cooperatives||$4,000|
|Texas Assoc of Realtors||$2,500|
|Texans for Lawsuit Reform||$2,500|
- David Farabee's old campaign website
- Texas House of Representatives - Rep. Farabee
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 1998
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Texas State Directory profile
- Texas Political Almanac HD 69 page
- Texas Tribune profile & bio
- Vote-TX.org profile
- State Surge profile
- Texas 20/20 PAC profile
- David Farabee on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Farabee
- David Farabee Issues
- Texas Legislature - Bills Authored/Joint Authored by Rep. Farabee
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 24, 2014
- District 69 Texas House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Texas House District 69
| Succeeded by|
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |