David G Butterfield
|David G Butterfield|
|Utah House of Representatives District 4|
|2011 - 2013|
|Per diem||$95/day for lodging, $61/day for meals|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Utah State University|
|Master's||Brigham Young University|
|Profession||Credit Union Executive|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Butterfield served on the following committees:
- Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Revenue and Taxation Committee, Utah House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Infrastructure and General Government Appropriations
Butterfield's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I have spent many hours listening to concerns of citizens, business owners, and law enforcement on the issue of immigration and illegal immigration."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "The cost of health care is taking a larger and larger percentage of family income, business revenues, and the state budget."
- Excerpt: "I support Governor Herbert’s vision for energy development in Utah, “Utah can lead our nation in the development of both traditional and renewable energy resources. We should do this through a broad portfolio, such as coal, oil, and natural gas; as well as wind, solar, nuclear, and clean coal."
- Limited Government
- Excerpt: "As you know, the federal government has grown too large, is too deep in debt, spends too much of your money, and is too involved in our lives. I will fight for limited government and states’ rights."
- Excerpt: "The key to our prosperity is educating our children and ensuring they are prepared to meet the challenges of the future. We need to pass more decision making power to parents, teachers, and local school boards. I believe in local control and my record shows it."
Butterfield ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 4. He ran and lost against Edward Redd in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Utah House of Representatives District 4 Republican Primary, 2012|
|David G. Butterfield Incumbent||41.2%||1,037|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 4 General Election (2010)|
|David G Butterfield (R)||3,891|
|Gilberto E Urroz (D)||1,571|
In 2010, Butterfield received $23,941 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David G Butterfield's campaign in 2010|
|Butterfield, David G||$4,000|
|Utah League Of Credit Unions||$3,800|
|Cache County Republican Party||$1,000|
|Conservative Caucus PAC||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$23,941|
- David Butterfield campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- David Butterfield on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|Utah House of Representatives District 4
| Succeeded by|
Edward Redd (R)