Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 44|
Gaither's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Revitalize Our Jobs Climate
- Excerpt:"The private sector, not government, is the engine of our economic growth. Yet Minnesota’s business tax climate is one of the worst in the nation."
Rein In Spending
- Excerpt:"The business of government should be held to the same standards as private sector businesses. Government needs to be efficient, effective, provide value and live within its means."
- Excerpt:"Minnesota residents carry one of the highest state and local tax burdens in the country. Raising taxes to fund growth in government is the wrong answer for our citizens, our businesses and our kids."
- Excerpt:"A strong education system is imperative for our children and our economic future. We need to create an education system that is effective in its instruction, efficient in its delivery and holds itself accountable for performance."
Lanes Before Trains
- Excerpt:"One of the essential ingredients for a robust economy is the ability to transport goods quickly and efficiently, while at the same time providing employees with congestion free commutes. We should prioritize our spending on a transportation system that has the greatest utility, which is the expansion of our roads to accommodate individual commuters, mass transit and commerce."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Gaither ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 44. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Terri Bonoff (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Terri Bonoff Incumbent||55.9%||27,203|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Gaither + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.