|Minnesota House of Representatives District 2B|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Birthday||April 25, 1945|
|Profession||General Manager, Northwest Tire|
Hancock is the General Manager of Northwest Tire at Bemidji location. He has taught 8th grade American History and 9th grade Civics, and has served in the U.S. Army.
Hancock graduated from Anderson University in 1968 with a Bachelor of Arts in History.
Hancock's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Government must live within its means. Much like our families cannot spend money that we do not have, Government must be held to the same standard."
Jobs and Economy
- Excerpt:"The best way to stimulate the economy is not government intervention; it is through cutting taxes so businesses can grow and hire new employees and through eliminating unnecessary regulations and mandates."
- Excerpt:"The ultimate control of a patient’s care should be made by the patient and the doctor. Do we need some reform in health care, absolutely, but those reforms must always preserve the doctor/patient relationship."
Life and Marriage
- Excerpt:"I believe that all human life is sacred from conception to natural death and must be cherished and protected. I also believe that marriage should be between one man and one woman. I believe both of these values contribute to a better and more civil society."
- Excerpt:"We should return control of the local school districts to the parents, teachers and local school boards. I believe the community knows how to best manage the education of their children, not a statewide bureaucracy."
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hancock served on these committees:
- Environment, Energy and Natural Resources
- Government Operations and Elections
- Higher Education Policy and Finance
Hancock won re-election in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 2A. He was unopposed in the Republican primary on August 7 and defeated Roger A. Erickson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2A, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Roger A. Erickson||54.7%||10,730|
|Republican||David Hancock Incumbent||45.3%||8,901|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 2B (2010)|
|Brita Sailer (DFL)||7,668||47.53%|
|David Hancock (R)||8,449||52.37%|
In 2010, Hancock raised $24,041 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Hubbard Cty Republicans||$1,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Hancock + Minnesota + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Hancock and his wife Pat have two children.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Brita Sailer (DFL)
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 2B
| Succeeded by|
Steve Green (R)
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |
Data Practices Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |