Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Merrimack 24|
|1994 - present|
|December 1, 2012|
|Years in position||19|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
Hess earned his A.B. from Dartmouth College, and LL.B. from Yale Law School. Hess' professional experience includes working as an instructor for Saint Anselm College and New Hampshire Police Standards/Training Academy; attorney; moderator for the town of Hooksett and Hooksett School District; and assistant attorney general for the State of New Hampshire. Hess served in the United States Air Force.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hess served on the following committees:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Children and Family Law|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hess served on the following committee:
|New Hampshire Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Special Committee On Education Funding Reform, Vice Chair|
|• Special Committee On Redistricting|
|• Ways and Means|
Hess won re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Merrimack 24. Hess advanced past the September 11 primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
On November 2, 2010 Hess won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Merrimack 9 general election (2010)|
|David Hess (R)||2,980|
|Frank Kotowski (R)||2,900|
|Todd Smith (R)||2,837|
|Molly Smith (R)||2,836|
|Suzanne Calley (D)||1,461|
|Patricia Giaquinto (D)||1,357|
On November 4, 2008 David Hess won one of the three seats to the New Hampshire House of Representatives in the Merrimack 9 District, receiving 3,512 votes.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Merrimack District 9|
|David Hess (R)||3,512|
|Todd Smith (R)||3,252|
|Frank Kotowski (R)||3,156|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Hess was up for re-election, he collected $805 in donations.
In 2008, Hess raised $1,323 for his campaign.
Hess and his wife, Judith Ann, have two children.
Recent newsThis section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Hess + New + Hampshire + House" :All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Capital Beat: 50 years later, state lottery fight echoes in NH casino debate - Concord Monitor
- Casino committee looks to find acceptable language, more votes - The Union Leader
- Roll Call for the Panel Recommendation to Kill Casino Bill - Patch.com
- Seemingly slow week could prove pivotal for 2013 NH legislative session - Nashua Telegraph
- Here's what's going on in the Milwaukee area this weekend - Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- House likely to make big changes to casino bill - Concord Monitor
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: When good news isn't really so good - The Union Leader
- EVENTS CALENDAR: Dance-A-Thon at Owenego, Sponge Bob photo op at ... - New Haven Register
- Environmental Caucus Takes Root - Patch.com
- After Hurricane Sandy, Homeless Still Number In The Thousands In New York ... - Huffington Post
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New Hampshire House Merrimack 9
| Succeeded by|