|Running for Michigan State Senate, District 5|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11|
|January 1, 2013 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|High school||Crestwood High School, 2004|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Dearborn, 2012|
|Birthday||August 13, 1986|
|Place of birth||Dearborn Heights, Michigan|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knezek served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy|
Knezek's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "We can’t succeed as a state unless every Michigan student has access to a world-class education. That means providing our teachers and support staff with the necessary resources to instruct and teach our students the necessary skills to succeed in the 21st century economy."
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I’ll work to repeal the pension tax and ensure that their service and dedication to this state is rewarded, not punished."
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I’ll fight to bring an immediate end to the corporate cronyism that drastically undercuts the potential for serious job creation."
- Excerpt: "As State Representative, I’ll work with local and state police and fire officials to create a temporary Michigan Public Safety Task Force to investigate the funding challenges that our police and fire heroes face every day and offer comprehensive solutions to this challenge."
- Excerpt: "Being able to enjoy these natural treasures is the birthright of every person born in Michigan. I will fight to make sure that future generations of Michiganders will be able to enjoy these opportunities, just as I have."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Knezek defeated five other candidates in the Democratic primary. Jennifer Rynicki was unopposed in the Republican primary. Incumbent Tupac Hunter (D) is not seeking re-election due to term limits.
Knezek won election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 11. He defeated Dorothy Webb Grady, Bill Kaledas and Cody Bailey in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Kathleen Kopczyk (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David Knezek Incumbent||71.8%||27,626|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Dorothy Webb Grady||20.4%||1,549|
Comprehensive donor information for Knezek is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Knezek raised a total of $68,996 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 1, 2013.
|David Knezek's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 11||$68,996|
|Grand Total Raised||$68,996|
2012Knezek won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Knezek raised a total of $68,996.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Knezek's campaign in 2012|
|David Knezek, Jr.||$11,000|
|Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters||$2,500|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
|Michigan Health & Hospital Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$68,996|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Knezek + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Michigan state legislative districts
- Profile from the Michigan House Democrats
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- "voteknezek," Official Campaign Website, accessed October 11, 2012
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Unofficial Primary Candidate List," accessed May 24, 2012
- Associated Press, "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Knezek, David," accessed June 1, 2013
David Nathan (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |