|David L Perryman|
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 56|
|November 22, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|State House Minority Caucus Secretary|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||12 years total in the legislature|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University|
|J.D.||University of Oklahoma College of Law|
Perryman earned his B.S. from Oklahoma State University in 1980 and his J.D. from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1983. His professional experience includes being a partner at the law firm Frailey, Chaffin, Cordell, Perryman, Sterkel, McCalla Limited Liability Partnership.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Perryman served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Business, Labor & Retirement Laws|
|• Elections & Ethics|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Perryman served on the following committees:
|Oklahoma Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• General Government|
|• Tourism and International Relations|
Perryman listed his top priorities as job creation, education, quality of life and ending partisan gridlock.
Elections for the office of Oklahoma House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Incumbent David Perryman was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Chuck Utsler was unopposed in the Republican primary. Perryman defeated Utsler in the general election.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 56 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||David Perryman Incumbent||57.6%||4,593|
Perryman ran in the 2012 election for Oklahoma House District 56. Perryman ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 26 and defeated Chuck Utsler in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||David L Perryman||50.5%||6,098|
Comprehensive donor information for David Perryman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, David Perryman raised a total of $73,716 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 23, 2013.
|David Perryman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 56||$73,716|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,716|
2012David Perryman won election to the Oklahoma House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, David Perryman raised a total of $73,716.
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Perryman's campaign in 2012|
|Oklahoma City Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$3,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$73,716|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 54th Oklahoma State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to May 24. In 2014, the Oklahoma State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to May 23.
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2013 Reid Report
- Research Institute for Economic Development: 2014 Reid Report
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with business, industry, job creation and economic growth issues deemed important by the private sector.
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2013 Environmental Report Card
- Oklahoma Sierra Club: 2014 Environmental Report Card
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the environment.
- Greater Oklahoma City Chamber: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills dealing with the growth and development of the Oklahoma City region.
Perryman and his wife, Jo, have four children. They reside in Chickasha, OK.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Perryman + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- David Perryman on Facebook
- David Perryman on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. David Perryman," accessed June 4, 2014
- Davidperryman.com, "Issues," accessed October 2, 2012(Archived)
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official General Election Results, Federal, State, Legislative and Judicial Races — November 4, 2014," accessed November 5, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Office 2012," April 13, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Primary Election Results— June 26, 2012," July 6, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Runoff Primary Election Results— August 28, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "General Election Results— November 6, 2012," accessed May 25, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Perryman, David," accessed July 23, 2013
Phil Richardson (R)
|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 14
| Succeeded by|
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |