David Larsen (New Jersey)
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 7|
|Bachelor's||College of Staten Island|
Larsen runs his family's home construction business.
Larsen lists the following themes on his campaign website. See his website for Larsen's position on other issues.
—David Larsen, 
According to his website, Larsen's campaign platform included the following issues:
- Pro-life policies
- Constitutionally limited government
- Reduced regulations
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 7 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Leonard Lance Incumbent||54.4%||15,900|
|Source: New Jersey Division of Elections - Official Election Results|
Larsen considered his chances better this time, with the redrawn 7th District including a large number of conservative voters. There was also less primary competition in 2012, with just Lance and Larsen running for the Republican nomination.
|New Jersey's 7th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Leonard Lance Incumbent||60.6%||23,432|
Larsen ran as a more conservative candidate than Lance, saying Lance was one of the politicians who "call themselves conservatives, but support the Obama agenda." In response, Lance highlighted his conservative votes, including those against Obamacare.
Larsen was endorsed by the American Conservative Union and the Republican National Coalition for Life.
Lance vastly outraised Larsen, with over $651,228 raised compared to Larsen's $15,387.
|David Larsen (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$14,999.90||$(14,999.90)||$0.00|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0.00||$15,010.59||$(15,010.59)||$0.00|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Larsen + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New Jersey's 7th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New Jersey's 7th Congressional District
- New Jersey Department of State, "Candidates for House of Representatives," accessed April 1, 2014
- WYNC "Live! NJ Election Results," June 5, 2012
- David Larsen campaign website, "Meet David," accessed May 30, 2012
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- David Larsen for Congress, "David Larsen on the Issues," accessed April 9, 2014
- David Larsen campaign website, "Issues," accessed May 30, 2012
- New Jersey Spotlight, "U.S.Congressional District: 7," May 22, 2012
- New Jersey Star-Ledger, "David Larsen of Tewksbury challenging Rep. Leonard Lance for seat in Congress," January 5, 2012
- Examiner, "David Larsen announces new NJ-7 Congress run," February 24, 2012
- New Jersey Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"
- Federal Election Commission, "David Larsen Summary Report," accessed April 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Larsen Year-End," accessed April 30, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Larsen April Quarterly," accessed April 30, 2014