David M. Johnson
|New York State Senate, District 32|
|Bachelor's||Colgate University (1983)|
|Profession||Independent Field Inspector/Entrepreneur|
Johnson was removed from the ballot before the primary.
Johnson is an Independent Field Inspector/Entrepreneur, associated with the Society of Field Inspectors. He graduated from Colgate University in 1983 and previously worked as editor of a nationally recognized business publication.
For over 25 years, Johnson has worked to promote Human Rights. Major issues that he has focused on are inclusion, globalization through P.E.A.C.E., prosperity, the protection and preservation of Human Rights, Intellectual Property, creating Stable Communities, Economic Equality, Youth Engagement, Fair Immigration, Ethical Representation, Healthcare Access and Cultural Development issues.
Johnson's work has focused on "Developing The Next Generation Of Global P.E.A.C.E. (The Promotion of Education and Community Empowerment) Leaders."
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Ruben Diaz was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jasmine Marte was unopposed in the Conservative primary. Elliot Quinones (D) and David M. Johnson (IND) were removed from the ballot before the primaries. Diaz is also running on the Republican ticket. Diaz and Marte will face off in the general election.
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Johnson ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 32. Johnson ran unopposed in the Independence primary on September 13, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Ruben Diaz (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Johnson stated, "The people should remain in the process and have the power to control their destiny." The slogan for his 2012 campaign is - "Toward A Different Conclusion –'I AM YOU.'"
|New York State Senate, District 32, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Ruben Diaz Incumbent||97.1%||72,950|
|Independence||David M. Johnson||2.9%||2,188|
Johnson is a member of the Colgate’s Lawyers Association, member of NSOFI (National Society of Field Inspectors), active in the Father’s for Progress in the Bronx, is one of the founders of ESG (Economic Stability Group) For Youth and works with the Lay The Guns Down Foundation, the nationally recognized organization to Stop The Violence and Empower Our Youth called The Thoughts Of Black Men and also The R.I.C.H. (Rich Into Cultural Heights) Organization that mentors with their “Rights of Passage” Programs and educates public school children in technology and communications. Johnson was also a former advisor to the Second Chance Program Committee at Rev. Al Sharpton’s N.A.N (National Action Network).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Johnson + New + York + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Senate
- New York State Senate District 32
- New York State Senate elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate list," accessed August 12, 2014
- Biographical information submitted the Ballotpedia, August 21, 2012
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed August 8, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014