David M. Talerico
|David M. Talerico|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6|
|January 26, 2015 - Present|
|January 22, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
Talerico served on the Upper Railbelt School Board from 1976 to 1977. He then served in the Denali Borough Assembly from 2001 to 2002. He has been the Mayor of Denali Borough since 2002.
Talerico graduated from Tri-Valley School in 1974. He was employed for the Usibelli Coal Mine from 1974 to 1997. From 1985 to 1986, he also worked as director of the Tri-Valley Fire Department. He then worked as owner and operator of the Denali River View Inn from 1997 to 2004.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Talerico served on the following committees:
|Alaska Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Health & Social Services|
|• Resources, Chair|
|• State Affairs|
Talerico's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Work to resolve the Federal overreach problems with land and resource development."
- Excerpt: "Improve schools, graduation rates, assure what is being taught within the system is relevant."
- Excerpt: "Immediately address energy costs, electricity and space heating, keep everything "on the table" for rapid solutions."
- Excerpt: "Develop resources sensibly and responsibly."
- Excerpt: "Improve public safety, focus on domestic issues and emergency equipment."
Talerico's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "There is no magic bullet when is comes to energy. We need many different power producing sources, the Healy Clean Coal Project is the closest to being ready to lower our energy costs in the Interior."
- Excerpt: "Natural Gas could be used all over Alaska. Southcentral needs gas now. An All Alaska Line has enormous pacific rim potential."
- Excerpt: "Our system requires sufficient funding and needs to be accountable for what it produces. Making sure the education provided has relevance is the key"
- University of Alaska
- Excerpt: "The University needs to continue to receive necessary support and should be viewed and advertised as a system that provides a unique and advantageous opportunity for a quality education."
- Resource Development
- Excerpt: "Responsible development is a must for future Alaskans. Providing new, living wage jobs should be a priority for all of us."
Elections for the office of Alaska House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Wilson Justin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while David M. "Dave" Talerico defeated Thomas A. "Tad" Dunning in the Republican primary. Talerico defeated Justin in the general election.
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||David M. Talerico||60.3%||3,940|
|Alaska House of Representatives, District 6 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Alaska House of Representatives District 8 General Election (2010)|
|David Guttenberg (D)||4,377|
|David M. Talerico (R)||3,583|
Talerico and his wife, Peggy, have two children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Talerico + Alaska + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alaska State Legislature
- Alaska House of Representatives
- Alaska House Committees
- Alaska state legislative districts
- Profile from the Alaska House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- David Talerico on Facebook
- Talerico for House, "About/Issues," accessed July 24, 2014
- David Talerico's campaign website, The Issues (timed out)
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed June 4, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed January 1, 2015
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed September 11, 2014
- Alaska Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results," accessed November 25, 2014
- Primary results
Eric A. Feige (R)
|Alaska House of Representatives District 6
| Succeeded by|