|April 1, 2008 - Present|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed||April 1, 2008|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado at Denver|
In 1989, McCermott started his first professional job at the Office of the State Auditor and passed the CPA exam. McDermott joined the Office of the State Controller (OSC) in 1992 as an accountant. From 1992 until being appointed as State Controller on April 1, 2008, he worked in and later managed the Reporting & Analysis Section of the OSC which prepares the state’s financial statements and other statutory and constitutionally required reports.
- Iowa State University, pre-engineering student
- 1989: University of Colorado at Denver, Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
McDermott was appointed controller on April 1, 2008. As the controller is a permanent employee of the state, he is not subject to periodic reappointment.
McDermott and his wife, Jenny, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + McDermott + Colorado + Controller"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Post-Spring Practice Injury Reports for Every BCS Team - Bleacher Report
- Marching on May Day to be part of America - Seattle Post Intelligencer (blog)
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
| Succeeded by|