|Arkansas House of Representatives District 70|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms (6 years)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1990-1995|
|Place of birth||Trenton, MI|
Meeks earned his bachelor's degree in Pastoral Ministries.
Meeks served in the United States Army from 1990 to 1995. In 2003, he was a project manager/customer service agent for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida. He has also been employed as an associate pastor.
Meeks' campaign website lists the following issues:
- Create Jobs By Cutting Taxes And Regulations
- Excerpt: "The private sector is where jobs are created. We must look for ways to decrease their tax burden and regulations so they can hire more people and put more of their money back into their business."
- Curb Spending And Government Growth
- Excerpt: "We have to curb the growth of government. Arkansas taxpayers can’t afford a bloated state government."
- Excerpt: "I will continue to fight against the implementation of Obamacare here in Arkansas."
- States Rights
- Excerpt: "I will work with other legislators to defend our rights given to us by the Constitution."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life, and have received the endorsement of the Arkansas Right to Life"
- Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "I believe in your right to keep and bear arms."
- Excerpt: "We must look for ways to improve education."
- Other Issues
- Excerpt: "I don't believe in the global warming hoax. I will oppose any climate change legislation that is brought up."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Meeks served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs, Chair|
|• Legislative Council|
|• Public Health, Welfare and Labor|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Meeks served on these committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Aging, Children and Youth, Legislative and Military Affairs|
|• Joint Performance Review|
|• Public Transportation|
Meeks ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 70. Meeks defeated Price Dooley in the May 22 Republican primary and defeated Cody Bassham (D) in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 70, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||David Meeks Incumbent||61.8%||6,829|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 70 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 46 General Election (2010)|
|David Meeks (R)||5,312|
|Steve Magie (D)||4,452|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Meeks raised $16,289 in contributions. 
His two largest contributors were:
|Arkansas Republican Party||$4,111|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Meeks + Arkansas + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Meeks has a wife, Naomi.
- David Meeks' campaign website
- House website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- David Meeks on Facebook
- Twitter feed
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State "Election Results 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Secretary of State, "Arkansas State Primary Election, May 22, 2012," accessed July 11, 2012
- ↑ Arkansas Matters, General election results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
Robert E. Dale (R)
|Arkansas House District 70
| Succeeded by|
|Arkansas House District 46
| Succeeded by|
Mark Biviano (R)
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |