David Miller (California)
|U.S. House, California, District 32|
|Birthday||April 15, 1964|
|Place of birth||Westminster, CA|
|Profession||CEO, Pacific Development, Incorporated|
Miller's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "Our founders had it right, they believed as I do in the free-market principles of minimal regulation to increase competition, spur innovation and encourage the investment of private capital to foster organic economic growth. "
- Excerpt: "The premise that somehow healthcare or health insurance is a right is faulty. Health insurance is NOT a right and is outside of the purview of the Congress in this Republic under our Constitution. Healthcare and/or insurance is a good or service which individual citizens have a right to provide, or not provide, for themselves. The current law is clearly an over-reach of our federal government and unconstitutional spending of our tax dollars."
- Excerpt: "We need to agree upon the premise before we can further discuss the issue. Everyone I know agree that immigration is a good thing for our nation. If we all trace our ancestry back far enough, we're all descendents of immigrants."
- Environment & Energy
- Excerpt: "No one I know, or anyone I've ever heard of, advocates for Dirty water or Dirty Air. I believe generally most people want to take care of the environment they live in. While human activity and industry has had a negative environmental impact, the Global Warming hysteria is nothing more than a way for government to create a federal "Green Jobs" program and to intrude upon private industry by taxing some industries it deems bad, while subsidizing others it proclaims as good."
- Financial Reform
- Excerpt: "The current outrage in Congress is a charade intended to distract from the real problem. That of the federal government through the CRA (Community Re-investment Act) forcing financial institutions to make loans to people who were not qualified in the first place. Then, using our tax dollars, i.e. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, to underwrite those loans."
Miller ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 32nd District. He and district 38 incumbent Grace Napolitano (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating G. Bill Gonzalez (D). They faced off in the general election on November 6, 2012, and Napolitano won.
|U.S. House, California District 32 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Grace Napolitano Incumbent||65.7%||124,903|
|Source: California Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, California District 32, 2012 - David Miller (California) Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$540,770|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$610,491|
|Top contributors to David Miller (California)'s campaign committee|
|Burro Canyon Enterprises||$2,500|
|Foothill Family Practice||$2,000|
|Freedom Law School||$2,000|
|Burro Canyon Enterprise||$1,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Miller and his wife, Irene, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Miller + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- Open Secrets, "David Miller 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |