|Oregon State Senate District 29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|County Attorney, Pondera County, Montana|
|Bachelor's||University of Oregon, 1964|
|J.D.||University of Montana, 1967|
|Date of birth||August 6, 1941|
|Place of birth||Pendleton, OR|
Nelson served as a County Attorney for Pondera County, Montana, from 1971 to 1975. He served as Senate Majority Leader in 2001.
Nelson earned his B.A. in Political Science from the University of Oregon in 1964 and his J.D. from the University of Montana in 1967. His professional experience includes working as an attorney and wheat farmer.
- Joint Legislative Audits and Information Management and Technology Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Legislative Counsel
- Joint Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Emergency Board Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- Ways and Means Committee, Oregon State Legislature
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2012
Nelson did not run for re-election in 2012.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2008
In 2008, Nelson collected $87,114 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|OREGON SOFT DRINK ASSOCIATION||$3,000|
|CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE GRAND RONDE||$2,500|
|OREGON BANKERS ASSOCIATION||$2,500|
Nelson and his wife, Alice, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Nelson + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000, 1996
|Oregon State Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
Bill Hansell (R)