Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Ohio House of Representatives District 21|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University, 1984|
|Master's||Chicago Theological Seminary, 1991|
|Ph.D.||Emory University, 2002|
|Place of birth||Huntington, NY|
The following campaign themes are highlighted on Bishoff's campaign website:
- Excerpt:"I believe our public common schools are the very foundation of our democratic, opportunity-driven society, and must be vigorously defended. We will work to restore funding to our public schools; respect our educational professionals by recognizing their right to organize, negotiate, and lead reforms; and require accountability and transparency of charter schools."
Jobs and the Rebuilding of Our Economy
- Excerpt:"Small, emerging businesses are at the heart of our economic strength. They innovate, create jobs, and support our local economies. Rather than giving big tax breaks to big businesses, like Kasich and Duffey do, we’ll focus on supporting Ohio’s inventors, entrepreneurs, and small businesses."
Reforming Our Political Systems
- Excerpt:"I would fight to:
- Enact large cuts in the maximum allowable political contribution to state level campaigns, from PACs and individuals, currently several times the amount allowed for federal campaigns.
- Conduct hearings in to the relationship between lobbyists and lobbying firms and our elected officials, and to do all that is legally possible to stop the revolving door and corrupting influence of special interest money in distorting our public policy.
- Permit recall elections, with a high threshold to avoid frivolous action, of state level elected officials, from the Governor on down; and 4) review all aspects of the health and pension benefits of elected officials and make sure they are in line with those of other public sector employees, or better yet, the private sector."
|Ohio House of Representatives Democratic Primary, 2012|
Robinson and his wife, Lorraine, have two children.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |