David Scott Edwards
|David Scott Edwards|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 16|
|High school||Des Moines Tech|
|Years of service||1982-1988|
Edwards currently works for Des Moines Public Schools, where he first started in 2002.
Edwards' website highlights the following campaign themes:
System of Government
- Excerpt:"We must rely on a representative, or republican, form of government to protect the interests of all the people."
- Excerpt:"The Second Amendment of the US Constitution gives you and I, as law-abiding citizens, the right to keep and bear arms without permission from the local governing authorities, from the Federal government, or any other governing body."
- Excerpt:"I believe in local control of education and that parents should have the ultimate decision-making authority regarding where and how their children’s education should take place."
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to require school districts to revive vocational training programs for those students who do not wish to go on to college."
- Excerpt:"I believe the existing immigration laws of this state and this nation should be enforced."
- Excerpt:"Marriage should be between one man and one woman. The people of Iowa should be allowed to vote on a constitutional amendment that would limit legal marriages in this state to one man and one woman."
- Excerpt:"I believe life begins at conception. Period. And I believe there is never a valid reason to intentionally kill an unborn baby."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Edwards ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 16. Edwards ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by District 34 incumbent Dick L. Dearden in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dick Dearden Incumbent||65.5%||16,065|
|Republican||David Scott Edwards||34.5%||8,469|
Edwards and Teressa, his wife of 26 years, have seven children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Edwards + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Another Industry Crony at the FCC? - CounterPunch
- Grassley Staffer Considers IA SEN Bid; NRSC May Sway WV Primary; Cuomo ... - National Journal
- Pressure for summer budget deal eases Sanford crushes Colbert in S.C. special ... - Politico (blog)
- Grading Every Team's Undrafted Free Agent Signings - Bleacher Report
- Morning Examiner: 2016 hangs over today's Benghazi hearing - Washington Examiner
- Michelle Obama's Arms Inspire 4000 Percent Increase In 'Bingo Wing' Surgery ... - Huffington Post
- Lawmakers talk about complacency on terrorism - Boston Globe
- HUFFPOST HILL, sponsored by MoveOn.org - Lindsey Graham Hates Us For ... - Huffington Post
- WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENTS' WEEKEND EDITION: Shock guest ... - Politico (blog)
- Scooplet ... Shake-up at New Partners - K Street sees opportunity with Wyden ... - Politico
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- David Scott Edwards on Facebook