David W. Danner
|David W. Danner|
|Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission|
|February 2013 - Present|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Jay Inslee (D)|
|Master's||University of Washington|
|J.D.||George Washington University|
An attorney by trade, Danner has been a telecommunications lawyer in private practice, counsel to the Washington Senate Energy and Utilities Committee, and senior policy advisor at the Washington State Department of Information Services.
He served as executive policy advisor to Gov. Gary Locke on energy, telecommunications, finance and elections issues. Locke appointed Danner to the state Pollution Control Hearings Board and Shoreline Hearings Board in 2004. In 2005, Danner joined the WUTU, serving as executive director and later as Secretary. In 2013 he was appointed to a vacant seat on the commission.
- BA, Columbia University
- MA, communications, University of Washington
- JD, George Washington University
Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (2013-present)
Danner has served as Chairman of the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission since February 2013.
Danner was appointed as Chairman of the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission in February 2013 by Gov. Jay Inslee.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Danner + Washington"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
- About the commissioners
- Danner's official biography
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- LinkedIn profile
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, "Commissioners," accessed March 11, 2013
- Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission, "David W. Danner," accessed March 11, 2013
- GTH, "Gov. Inslee Fills Key Energy and Natural Resource Positions With A Mix of Insiders and Experienced Government Hands," February 12, 2013
|Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission
2013 - present
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |