|General election||November 4, 2014|
|U.S. House, Iowa, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Young is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Iowa's 3rd District. Young is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Young previously had announced he would run for the Senate seat in 2014, but on January 2, 2014, announced he would instead run for the seat left vacant by 3rd District incumbent Tom Latham, who chose not to seek re-election in 2014.
“For Republicans to have a clear shot at winning that Senate race, we need to avoid a convention, and me moving to Iowa 3 narrows that field and puts us closer to that goal,” Young said in early January 2014.
Candidates for Congress are required to file up to seven main reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Young's reports.
|David Young (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$0.00||$152,785.00||$(1,281.25)||$151,503.75|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$151,503.75||$112,344.26||$(139,795.74)||$124,052.27|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David+ Young+ Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Roll Call, "Iowa Republican Drops Senate Bid, Will Run for Open House Seat," accessed January 2, 2014
- The Iowa Republican, "Grassley Chief of Staff David Young set to enter U.S. Senate race," May 23, 2013
- Politico, "Joni Ernst edges closer to Iowa Senate run," accessed June 10, 2013
- The Hill, "Grassley straddles fence in Iowa GOP Senate primary" Accessed June 25, 2013
- The Hill, "Grassley won't endorse former chief of staff in Senate race" Accessed June 25, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "David Young 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 12, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "July Quarterly" accessed July 31, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "October Quarterly," accessed November 12, 2013
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |