Davis Unified School District parcel tax, Measure W (November 2008)
Measure W imposed a parcel tax for three years of $120 for single-family dwellings and $50 per unit for multi-family units.
As a special tax, Measure W needed at least a 2/3rds vote in order to be approved.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|Measure W: "Shall the Davis Joint Unified School District preserve existing classroom programs including math and science, English, music, physical education, librarians, secondary class size reduction, athletics and co-curricular programs including drama, debate, and journalism by being authorized to levy a special tax for a period of three years not to exceed the annual rate of $50.00 per dwelling unit for multi-dwelling parcels and $120.00 per parcel for all other parcels?"|
- Voter Guide to Measure W (dead link)
- Timing is tough for school bonds on Sacramento-area ballots, Sacramento Bee, September 18
- Solano County November 4 election results
- Yolo County November 4 election results (dead link)
- FAQ about Measure W from the school district (dead link)
- No on Measure W
- Yes on Measure W
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found