|Wisconsin State Assembly District 30|
|2011 - Present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Mayville, ND|
Knudson was mayor of Hudson, WI from 2008-2010, after serving on the Hudson City council from 1996 to 2002, and was previously Chairman of the Republican Party of St. Croix County Wisconsin.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Knudson served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Colleges and Universities|
During the 2011-2012 legislative session, Knudson served on these committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Colleges and Universities, Vice Chair|
|• Urban and Local Affairs|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Knudson won re-election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 30. Knudson ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and defeated Diane Odeen (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dean Knudson Incumbent||55.8%||17,261|
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30 General Election (2010)|
|Dean Knudson (R)||14,124|
|Matt Borup (D)||8,629|
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Dean Knudson (R)||2,947||99.66%|
Knudson's website lists the following views of the issues:
- Jobs and the Economy - Spending needs to be under control, and policies need to be enacted that will "encourage job growth in the private sector."
- Tax Relief - Business taxes need to be cut, and reforms to "unleash the innovative, creative power of our free enterprise system."
- Improving Education - "Needs to couple student achievement to the evaluations and rewards given to teachers." 
Comprehensive donor information for Knudson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Knudson raised a total of $117,766 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 6, 2013.
|Dean Knudson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30||$57,870|
|2010||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 30||$59,896|
|Grand Total Raised||$117,766|
Knudson won re-election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Knudson raised a total of $57,870.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Knudson's campaign in 2012|
|Berg, Meredith A||$800|
|Total Raised in 2012||$57,870|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Knudson won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2010. During that election cycle, Knudson raised a total of $59,896.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Knudson's campaign in 2010|
|Bevers, Roger D||$1,000|
|Umbel, Susan T||$1,000|
|Hamill, Steven M||$1,000|
|Wisconsin Society of Anesthesiologists||$500|
|Wisconsin Republican Party||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$59,896|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Knudson and his wife, Joy, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dean + Knudson + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Dean Knudson on the Wisconsin State Assembly website
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign website
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Knudson on Facebook
- Knudson on Twitter
- ↑ Knudson campaign website
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Assembly member Dean Knudson biography," May 26, 2011
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," retrieved June 12, 2012
- ↑ Official GAB primary results
- ↑ Campaign website/Issues
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Knudson, Dean," accessed June 6, 2013
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 30
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |
Open Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |