|Washington House Of Representatives 19a|
|2005 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Western Washington University, 1972|
|Associate's||Lower Columbia College, 1970|
|Profession||Real Estate Appraiser|
Takko is an accredited Real Estate Appraiser. He was previously an Assessor for the Cowlitz County Assessor's Office. Takko was a member of the Cathlamet City Council from 1974 to 1975. Takko earned his AA from Lower Columbia College in 1970. He went on to receive his BS in Environmental Planning from Western Washington University in 1972.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Takko served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Local Government, Chair|
|• Public Safety|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Takko served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Local Government, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Takko served on the following committees:
|Washington Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• General Government Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Technology, Energy and Communications|
Takko won election in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives District 19a. Takko was unopposed in the blanket primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Dixie Kolditz (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 19a, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Dean Takko Incumbent||61.6%||33,981|
Dean Takko was re-elected to the Washington State House of Representatives District 19a. He was unopposed in the August 17, 2010 primary. He defeated Republican Kurt Swanson in the November 2, 2010 general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 19a General Election (2010)|
|Dean Takko (D)||26,504|
|Kurt Swanson (R)||18,118|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 19a Primary (2010)|
|Kurt Swanson (R)||12,349||43.39%|
|Dean Takko (D)||16,110||66.61%|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 19(2008)|
|Dean Takko (D)||39,935||100.00%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Takko was up for re-election, he collected $64,851 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Washington House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dean Takko's campaign in 2010|
|Muckleshoot Indian Tribe||$1,600|
|Washington State Patrol Troopers Association||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$64,851|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Dean Takko's 2008 campaign.
|Washington Beverage Association||$1,600|
|Broadband Communications Association of Washington||$1,600|
|Washington State Dental Association||$1,600|
Takko and his wife, Debra, have one child.
- See also: Freedom Foundation's Big Spender List
The Freedom Foundation releases its Big Spender List annually. The Institute ranks all Washington legislators based on their total proposed tax and fee increases. To find each legislator’s total, the Institute adds up the 10-year tax increases or decreases, as estimated by Washington’s Office of Financial Management, of all bills sponsored or co-sponsored by that legislator. 
Takko proposed a 10-year increase in state taxes and fees of $51.5 million, the 67th highest amount of proposed new taxes and fees of the 93 Washington state representatives on the Freedom Foundation’s 2012 Big Spender List.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Dean + Takko + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- UPDATED: State senator's son pleads guilty to child rape charges - Chinook Observer
- Tax on Oregonians a killer for border businesses - The Daily News - Longview Daily News
- How they voted in Olympia 4/23 - Grays Harbor Daily World
- What's going on at the Capitol - The Daily News - Longview Daily News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Washington House of Representatives - Rep. Takko
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Takko
- ↑ C-SPAN, "AP Election Results - Washington State House of Representatives," accessed August 7, 2012
- ↑ Washington Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidates," retrieved July 16, 2012
- ↑ Washington Legislature Official primary results SOS
- ↑ Washington State Election Results
- ↑ Washington Public Disclosure Commission "Contribution Limits"
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 Big Spender List
- ↑ Freedom Foundation's 2012 list of Washington state representatives by proposed new taxes and fees
|Washington House of Representatives District 19
| Succeeded by|
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
List of Towns |
List of School Districts |